The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I need to buy a correctional halfpad, I was looking at the thinline sheepskin half pad, any opinions? anyone have any better suggestions? Also the saddle I purchased is a Passier Optimum...I need to buy leathers for it I was looking at the calfskin lined leathers any opinions or suggestions for brands to look at? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
I have thinline pad, but not sheepskin, the contour one. I can tell the difference after I started using it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Calfskin leathers are very nice. On my dressage saddle (Bates Innova) I have Stubben calfskin dressage leathers.

They are very nice quality and have a fancy cut/stitching at the ends.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
The Sheepskin saddle fitter pad by ThinLine is pretty thick. Your saddle needs to be a bit on the wide side for it to work. If your saddle fits well, just need minor adjustment, then I would suggest the ThinLine Trifecta pad instead. It's not as bulky.

For calfskin leathers, check out Bates' leathers. They're very nice with "flat" buckles.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I was intending on buying a saddle with an adjustable gullet because I ride a variety of horses but because of my freakishly long legs the only saddle that really fit me properly was the passier optimum...the saddle fitter advised me to get a wide tree and use the correctional pads with the shims to adjust to each horse....As far as the leathers I will def have to look at the stubben and bates thank you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.