The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, I got it on my local forum. I contacted the person asking for more details, so will post if I'll get any. But that sounds just way too good to be true.If you know someone interested - let me know, please.

---------------------------------------------------------

HORSES LOCATED IN VIRGINIA

Horses FREE to Good Homes - 20 Hanoverians need homes. Of these,three are broodmares, the oldest is 12, all due to foal next month to the TB stallion Salute. Also 6 month old foals, all halter broke, very well taken care
of and in good condition. The owner plans to euthanize any she can't get rid of in the next 30 days....

·
Registered
291 Posts
I wish I was closer. Is this really true? It sound unbelievable, but then again there are a bunch of nutters out there :(

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
How does providing humane euthanasia make someone a "nutter" -- rescues are full, the market is flooded and if the person currently in possession of the horses is no longer able or willing to provide for their care and upkeep, euthanasia is a reasonable solution.

·
Registered
892 Posts
How does providing humane euthanasia make someone a "nutter" -- rescues are full, the market is flooded and if the person currently in possession of the horses is no longer able or willing to provide for their care and upkeep, euthanasia is a reasonable solution.
I couldn't agree more. Much better than letting an animal starve to death.

·
Registered
291 Posts
She could (at least) find a good home for them. Why did she get all these horses and then just decide to get rid of them in a hurry? That must have cost some major $ to get all the horses, why get rid of them so quickly? It dosen't make any sense to me...

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Folks, I didn't get any response back to my email, but I got this from another person from my forum as a response to the original email (and she seems to know everything... :) ):

" all evidence I've seen suggests it was simply a hoax to get names of people interested in owning a pregnant mare. The "owner" seems to have "changed her mind." Owner never ever identified."

So very likely it could be spam. Now I'm thinking may be I should wait before posting it at all. But personally I've got -real- emails about nice horses (including warmbloods) people gave away or asked very little because of financial/health situation (and they were looking for the good home) before. So you just never know... If I'll know anything I'll post it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Sorry but why do you think it is so stupid?
I think (and I think she was thinking this too) that this is stupid because it is a hoax (possibly?) Anyone who would do this as a hoax is a nutter. There ARE horses out there that need good homes quickly and if someone had their hopes up really high, and it turned out it was a hoax, then they would probably not respond if they did need one. This (if it is a hoax) is a very stupid thing to do.
:-x :cry:

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Gees, no doubt!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.