The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
That's one fat horse looking at the pics! :p

Great story! I'd stay by my horse's side too in such a situation.

Reactions: Skyseternalangel

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agreed Val.. would help keep your ponio calm too.. and thats what I thought aha, but was wondering in one of the pics if a hind leg was raised slightly. Poor fella, at least they got him out!!

Sometimes you just need something with a happy ending to let you know the world goes round!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Wow that was amazing! I've been on plenty of beach rides and thank goodness Ive never had anything like that happen. Glad all turned out well!

·
Super Moderator
27,579 Posts
Wait? This made the news? And the paper! What the freak? Where were they for my mud rescue? Hmph. Feeling left out now.

Actually - I'm very happy for the pretty fat horse and the swimming suit lady. I would have been mortified if my bathing suite clad body had made the news! I am assuming she was riding in the water?

Here is my mud rescue:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Exact same thing happened to me just over a year ago - on a marked park trail in a provincial park. We came across a marsh and thought nothing of it, we figured since it was a marked trail it would be safe. We were wading through water about waist deep and suddenly my horse went down right from underneath me. I managed to get flung free, and my friend's pony just got her front legs in when I started screaming for her to get back. In the struggle, Zierra managed to turn herself around and be facing the way we came but quickly exhausted herself and just laid down. We stayed with her for half an hour, but dusk was coming quick and nobody knew where we were. I had to grab the little pony and gallop 7km back to the ranch to get help, and then gallop back with Shay-la on her green 3 year old Clydesdale/TB! Those two horses sure delivered for us that day!

It took us an hour and a half from the time I left, and during the time, my brave little Arab just regained her strength while Ashley held her head on her lap, talking and singing to her. She said she finally moved her head, and Ashley got out of the way, and she violently just exploded out of the bog. And then waited for Ashley to get on her and carried them both out of the marsh!

Absolutely most horrifying day of my entire life. I really thought I was going to lose her, and NOBODY would come help us. :-(

Where she's laying is waist deep water, but there was so much marsh grass, you could actually sit on it and be kept out of the water.

·
Super Moderator
27,579 Posts
Exact same thing happened to me just over a year ago - on a marked park trail in a provincial park. We came across a marsh and thought nothing of it, we figured since it was a marked trail it would be safe. We were wading through water about waist deep and suddenly my horse went down right from underneath me. I managed to get flung free, and my friend's pony just got her front legs in when I started screaming for her to get back. In the struggle, Zierra managed to turn herself around and be facing the way we came but quickly exhausted herself and just laid down. We stayed with her for half an hour, but dusk was coming quick and nobody knew where we were. I had to grab the little pony and gallop 7km back to the ranch to get help, and then gallop back with Shay-la on her green 3 year old Clydesdale/TB! Those two horses sure delivered for us that day!

It took us an hour and a half from the time I left, and during the time, my brave little Arab just regained her strength while Ashley held her head on her lap, talking and singing to her. She said she finally moved her head, and Ashley got out of the way, and she violently just exploded out of the bog. And then waited for Ashley to get on her and carried them both out of the marsh!

Absolutely most horrifying day of my entire life. I really thought I was going to lose her, and NOBODY would come help us. :-(

Where she's laying is waist deep water, but there was so much marsh grass, you could actually sit on it and be kept out of the water.
I would have helped you.:cry:

·
Super Moderator
27,579 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Wow how did you get him out that one???

One time I accidentally rode Grady into sink hole need our well three years ago he was up to his chest in dirt, Luckily he kind of just swam through it till he hit solid ground. It was only a couple seconds but I was soooo scared. It was the biggest whole I had ever seen and my dad was amazed that we only went so far down, and figured if we had gotten stuck we could of sunk alot farther down.
All of you who have had to do a tramatic rescue you guys are heroes!!!

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
I've OFFICIALLY seen enough horror pictures here for this year!! SOOO glad that these were happy endings. OMGOSH, both my mare AND my gelding have tried to follow me through these 2 small doors in my barn, and one of them is ONLY big enough for me to get through!! They would DEFINITELY had become stuck.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
farmpony, the "tree rescue" happened at the barn where I work to the English Shire they have one day a few months back lol... I wouldn't have thought getting stuck in the mud would be that "common" but I love hearing the success stories!

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
In situations like this I always think how dumb horses can be. Even the smartest ones.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.