The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are they legal for dressage ?? i think they are, but i have never wanted to compete with one so im not sure !!

thanks in advance !

· Registered
470 Posts
What are Happy mouth bits actually?
Sorry if that is off topic!

But curiousity took the hand!

· Registered
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats what i thought, then i tried to look it up online & some people said happy mouth was okay & some didnt & lots werent sure =/

· Registered
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i found my answer !!

"Bits (including curb and/or bridoon bits of a double bridle) must​
be made of metal or rigid plastic and may be covered with rubber"

· Registered
5,184 Posts
Please talk to the steward BEFORE riding your horse in one of these. Any time you are riding in a non traditional bit, even if it is listed as legal it is always advisable to get permission from the steward BEFORE. That way if there is any discrepancy, it will be sorted out before your test, and not after or during.

· Registered
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Please talk to the steward BEFORE riding your horse in one of these. Any time you are riding in a non traditional bit, even if it is listed as legal it is always advisable to get permission from the steward BEFORE. That way if there is any discrepancy, it will be sorted out before your test, and not after or during.
yeah i will definitely call ahead & bring another bit just in case !

· Registered
5,184 Posts
I. Did at a show and had no problems.
At one show, with a certain steward and certain judges.

At some shows there are pre-ma-dona judges and hard nose stewards that don't like the ridges in the happy mouth bits. Many of them only allow smooth plastic because it's not specified in the rules, so they can interpret.

Always check first!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.