The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
That seems like it would be a nice transition bit up from the snaffle. It is short shanked so not too much leverage. If you would rather keep him in a 1:1 ratio bit (like a snaffle with no leverage) there are other mouth options for snaffles. Even some that have mouths similar to this.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Yeah I was going to suggest looking for a snaffle that offers more tongue clearance similar to the bit you posted. He may just have a funky shaped mouth a straight mouth piece is bothering him.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you give me some examples? I have a JP Korsteel snaffle and he doesn't like that much either.

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
They are a little harder to find but you can find Myler or , I think, Billy Allen snaffles that are ported with the roller. I am not sure what a JP Korsteel looks like so I can't really make that comparison.

Myler makes both low and high port snaffles.

This is the low port .

And this is the high port .

You can click on the pictures and they will take you to the sites. The high ported one is basically exactly what you posted above, only in snaffle form.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are a little harder to find but you can find Myler or , I think, Billy Allen snaffles that are ported with the roller. I am not sure what a JP Korsteel looks like so I can't really make that comparison.

Myler makes both low and high port snaffles.

This is the low port .

And this is the high port .

You can click on the pictures and they will take you to the sites. The high ported one is basically exactly what you posted above, only in snaffle form.
Thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.