The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
My horses have gotten out a lot!

A few years ago I was getting ready for school and the neighbor called to tell me that my mare was in her yard. I missed school that day because I was chasing my girl all up and down the roads trying to catch her in the rain. It was the middle of winter, too. Luckily she eventually let me catch her.

Another time she got out and was grazing in the yard of an abandoned house. My cousin saw her, as she lives right beside the house, and noticed that some guy in a truck was sitting there watching my girl. She called me, told me that my girl was out and that there was a guy out watching her that she didn't know. While I had to go get my stuff to catch my mare, my cousin went out to watch the guy. It was a good thing she did, too, because before I arrived she went out there as the guy was getting out of his truck with a rope. She talked to him and told him that my girl belonged to me (her cousin) and that I was coming to get her... that guy left really fast. Thank goodness for my cousin.

Another time I was trying to close the gate and my cousins paint Racking Horse mare decided to charge me... She wasn't stopping, so I let the fecne fall and dove for safety. She, and all the othr horses... which, at the time, there were nine, took off full blast down the road. I had to call for help and it took about four hours to finally get them all put up because they kept acting nuts and my friends stallions across the road weren't heping.

A few months ago my cousins pony and my friends Arabian mare got out... I had to go catch them even though there was a lot of people around... I was the only one who could get close to the two horses! Lol...

Just the other week, my mare and my cousins mare got out somehow... We've walked the fence and dunno how they got out. If it had just been my mare, I would have said that she jumped the fence (she's done it before) but my cousins mare can't jump to save her life... lol. They were down at my other cousins house 'teasing' her neighbors two stallions... She called me, completely frantic because my mare and the other mare were tearing up the yard and she was scared to go out and try to catch them with them acting nuts (running, bucking, snorting, rearing). Went down to catch them, they saw my car and took off up the road towards the house. I had to put the fence up inthe yard (where I let my horses out during summer to graze) for about an hour because the two horses were running like idiots... it took an hour for them to calm down enough to catch and put them up.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.