The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
So I've been trying to sell this miniature ok... Well I've had bunches of calls but only two that have showed up to look and say they want him. The first couple that came sounded very nice. They were going to board him at thi great place and he was going to be a pampered little prince being an only and first horse. All excited that he is going to get a new home cause my full size horses just beat the snot out of him. Well anyways I wait and wait and I see this truck coming with a little trailer out the road a ways thinking oh thats cute they have a miniature horse trailer. Well it gets closer and closer and I realize its not a trailer its a freakin uhaul trailer. Slick metal floor nothing on them. And they thought I was gonna load him on that and let him slide around for two hours. Get real. Besides the fact that the trailer was higher than the horses chest cause they had the hitch sittin on the ground. Good thing though, they got two miles from my house and the truck broke down. Well we had another one that called they wanted to know if I could get this 48" inch 6 year old miniature in the back seat of her two door car or if it could get in an extended cab pickup. yeah thats gonna happen. Oh then theres one that drove four hours to make sure her dog liked it. Had to give the dog pony rides on the horse. She'd call. I've heard of tire kickers that just want a free ride but for their dog? Ok I am just not meant to sell this poor horse. I'm ready to just answer the next inquiries for him with whats you sign? (gotta love red neck) Any other horror sales stories?

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
OMG....you gave the dog pony rides??? Poor pony. Do you live near NC.?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Just wanted to say that 48" is not a miniature. It's a pony.

And... why would you let her have her dog ride the pony?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
crazy

Yes two pony rides to be exact. Just a little dog suprisingly the horse liked the dog and didn't have a problem with it. But yeah once is funny, scary kinda funny, but to live a life tlike that... Well lets just say the horse is better off elsewhere. No I am in PA. BUt yeah the minds in some people now a days you just wished you could see what makes the stupid turn more dominant in some than others. I have sold several riding horses in my life and ever now and again you get a "strange one" but for the most part they have been good horse people. But when you say miniature horse they seem to come out of the wood work.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
That's a pretty big pony if it's 48" (12 hands)

·
Registered
16,508 Posts
All horse people are crazy, but some are nuttier than others.

This is a well known truth among those of us who have had horses for a number of years.

Minis seem to attract the crazy NONhorse folks though, because people seem to think they're just dogs on hooves, or a live version of My Little Pony.

You're going to get a lot of freaks no matter what you advertise for sale. Live animals just seem to bring out the freakiest.

·
Registered
267 Posts
We hauled our mini home in the back of our truck. Haha. She's only 32 inches though. The previous owners used to haul her like that in the back of theirs when they hooked up the horse trailer and went to parks. They'd load their big horses in the trailer and the mini in the back of the truck. Since we dont have a trailer, we just hauled her that way, secured some leadropes and she was fine :)

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
on Rob and Bigs show they put their mini in the back seat of their SUV to take it home from where they bought it. Then they put a barrier up in the trunk area behind the back seat and use that for hauling until they got a mini trailer. It was cute. The tied him to he wasn't jumping over the seats or anything.

I'm not sure if I'd like a mini breathing down the back of my neck while I'm driving but if you can't get a trailer I guess it's an option.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
you should youtube patches the horse he's not even a mini and he sits in the car :p
I have seen that!

I have also brought a mini home in the backseat of a truck. lol

I actually just commented on another thread about this...
But the people that live right next to where I board my horses are constantly trying to buy them, and they are uh... weird.

They think my warmblood mare would make an awesome roping horse because 'she has a motor on her', and they wish to breed her with a donkey and get a mule out of her.
They really want to buy my mini, Mojo. They've offered to either triple the amount I bought him for. Or trade him for 2 **** hounds. Trade him for another horse. Trade him for 2 mules. The list goes on and on. haha
They have actually followed me around while I'm trying to work. "what are you going to do with a mini? He's just sitting around! I know you're gonna sell me that mini." :roll:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.