The Horse Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Horse loving mama
699 Posts
Was the barn using their hay nets are were they your hay nets? Sounds like the hay nets being use at this barn are the slow feeder hay nets and my horses hate those too, I wont use the slow feeder nets.

·
Registered
Horse loving mama
699 Posts
Knave, I agree, I will pull out my hay bag from the trailer and see. And Salty, they are my own hay nets, and they are slow feeder ones, with a softer rope that isn't so abrasive. But I have never hung them before. I was kind of surprised they looked harder to access.

I mean, he ate out of them no problems when they were lying in the hay box!
@livelovelaughride Got'cha, yep when the slow feed hay nets are on the ground they are alot easier on the horses, but hanging they are harder to eat out of, I have slow nets for large square bales and they do eat better while on the ground. The slow feed hay nets that I have to hang, I dont like those.

·
Registered
Horse loving mama
699 Posts
The only hay nets I use are the normal size holes, I hang all of mine never had a problem. I did buy a few of the slow feeders for the larger square bales to feed in a old water trough to try to save hay threw the drought we had a few years back but just not to crazy about those and my horses did eat out of them since they were on the ground, but the slow feeders to hang never liked them. I just use the old school hay nets, happy horses and happy me!!! :giggle:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts