The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a bridle to match this saddle http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/finally-long-awaited-stubben-saddle-fit-105083/ I'm looking at horse.com and there are 2 that I like, both are made by hdr. Both of them have a picture of a light colored bridle and then a color swatch of hazelnut and oakbark, only problem is one bridle says oakbark is the lighter color, the other says it's the darker color:think:. So I'm totally clueless as to which color I should order to best match my saddle. Also which one looks better, anyone have either of them? Here are the links...
Henri De Rivel Raised Bridle - Horse.com
HDR Pro Fancy RaisedPadded Bridle - Horse.com

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Oakbark is typically a leather that is more red colored. Looking at the picture of your saddle, that's what I would go with. Make sure you purchase it from a company with a good return policy in case it doesn't match exactly and you want to return it.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oakbark is typically a leather that is more red colored. Looking at the picture of your saddle, that's what I would go with. Make sure you purchase it from a company with a good return policy in case it doesn't match exactly and you want to return it.
Thanks, I just worry because the bridle shown is really light and if oakbark is lighter then hazelnut then that one might be oakbark and that is way too light. The bridle shown doesn't really look like either of them tho.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Keep in mind, HDR is of decent quality leather, and takes oil well. After a good oiling, hazelnut will darken up, and the oakbark will darken to a rich brown, with a reddish undertone. Just keep that in mind.

I would go with oakbark probably though if it were me..
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
523 Posts
I agree with the oakbark. Also, don't worry about it being too light - light leather will ALWAYS darken with time, cleaning, oiling and use. I've intentionally bought items a hair too light because I knew they would darken. If you buy them borderline too dark, the difference will only get worse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.