The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So tonight, it was dark out, and i went down to see the horses. i walked up wo Buck (aunts horse) then Glory (My horse) then Romeo (Cousins horse).
i talked to em, then fed em each a carrot.
when i came to Romeo (last) I offered him carrot, but he didnt take it. (he is SUPER picky) i then decided to walk down the pasture, to the hay shed and trailers, to look for my crop. (for my halloween costume)
and omg he followed me! it was SO cute! when i stopped, he stopped, when i walked, he did! and he stayed right behind me. all the way tell i got to the pasture gate. he wited for 10-15 minuets at the gate intel i found my crop. then followed me all the way back to the end of the pasture! he stood by the fence when i left to go inside. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!? does he just want attension? i have never had him do this before! and he just...waited for me! can u guys tell me what he was trying to tell me? or what he was doing?
Thanx ur the best!!!
-Pl500

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
He was most likely enjoying your company and/or maybe hoping for a different treat. Congrats, that's a nice experience! :) Just remember to be extra careful if you have to enter the pastures alone when it's already dark and be sure to carry a crop or a whip with you! I wouldn't give treats to loose horses in a dark environment, that can stir them up and they can start picking fights with each other, and you don't want to be among them when that happens! That's why the crop. You need something to protect your personal space with.

Reactions: Petlover500

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hehe thanx so much! :D
heh yeh... they are pretty calm...but things could always happen! :D
will do next time! <3
-Pl500

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
That's sweet. Sometimes I find my horses are more affectionate when I visit them in the dark - I think it's because they know there is no chance they'll be ridden!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HAHA!
Probley true!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.