The Horse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I am a 20-year-old Texan, agriculture student specializing in equine studies (I'm hoping to get a master's in Animal Science and get a shoeing license). I am also getting my first horse in a few days! My uncle raises quarter horses and is kind enough to loan me a sorrel 8-year-old mare to train on during the second semester of my horsemanship classes. If I like the horse after my classes, ill be able to purchase her. I'm very nervous, yet excited! I've saved up a lot of money for this moment, and do not want to ruin my uncles' gorgeous mare so I'm hoping all of you can give me some advice! I'm happy to be here and hope to learn a lot and meet kind and interesting people who will help me further my passion and knowledge for horses!

·
Banned
1,575 Posts
Welcome to the forum! It sounds like you have a great uncle! AQH are my favorite breed, and they are amazing horses. I don't currently have a horse, but I am working on it. Where are you going to school?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum! It sounds like you have a great uncle! AQH are my favorite breed, and they are amazing horses. I don't currently have a
Hi there Abby. :) im currently going to a small community College, but I hope I can either go to A&M or OSU! I hope! Im going to really gave to work hard for a great GPA!

·
Banned
1,575 Posts
That sounds awesome! I hope you can pursue your dream!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome to the forum! It sounds like you have a great uncle! AQH are my favorite breed, and they are amazing horses. I don't currently have a horse, but I am working on it. Where are you going to school?
I also do not currently own a horse but is m also working on it I am hoping to get a dapple gray AQH

·
Banned
1,575 Posts
That sounds awesome! Good luck! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts