The Horse Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I'm new to the forum, but not new to horses. I've been around horses most of my life. I have had several internships, training and management positions before getting married and starting a family. I'm married to a non-horsey husband who puts up with my horses. I'm sure there's many here who knows how that goes :lol:

we have a beautiful 13 year old daughter who refuses to learn from me...which in some ways I guess is probably good. We have a National Show Horse (saddlebred x Arab) gelding, his half brother a full polish Arab, and this Christmas, my daughter got a really cute polish Arab mare. I guess now is a good time to mention that I'm not a mare person. While my daughter likes her mare, my daughter has developed a strong interest in a standardbred that is owned by the amazing family that we board with.

I'm here because while I have knowledge and experience, I'm still lacking. I'm always striving to learn more, find better ways of doing things...to be the very best I can for my horses. They never asked to become part of my life, so I feel like I need to make sure that I'm doing my very best for them!

Thanks for reading! I look forward to getting to know you and learning from you :)

·
Registered
14,981 Posts
Welcome to the forum and great pictures, nice horses. So your daughter refuses to learn with you, as in she won't take lessons with you?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I don't know why, but she just won't let me give her lessons. She is very willing to learn with anyone else who is willing to give her lessons, though. It's just me.

This past fall, we went on a trail ride with a friend, helping the friend work her horses. Long story short, that horse tossed my daughter. Hard. The emergency department doctors told me if she hadn't been wearing her helmet, I very well could have lost her. But thanks to the helmet, she had a concussion. Since then, my daughter won't even go trail riding with me anymore.

If she wants to learn something, I have to teach the teenager at the farm, and she teaches my daughter.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome Afull99. When I saw those horses I reconized them right away. Good looking bunch.

I'm sure you will figure me out pretty soon.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! I definitely get not wanting to learn from your mom xD It's hard to take instruction from a parent in that atmosphere, I think.

Anyway, your horses are beautiful! I especially like the fleabitten gray :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome Afull99. When I saw those horses I reconized them right away. Good looking bunch.

I'm sure you will figure me out pretty soon.
smr:

:lol: i should hope you know who they are...they live with you.
completely forgot that you said you were here.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to the Forum! I definitely get not wanting to learn from your mom xD It's hard to take instruction from a parent in that atmosphere, I think.

Anyway, your horses are beautiful! I especially like the fleabitten gray :)

thanks gigem and zexious :)

the fleabitten is Chant. he's my personal horse of the bunch. the bay, abbey, is my daughter's new mare, and the sorrel, hearty, kinda belongs to himself. he's my ongoing project...for the past 9 years...topic for another time.

i think my daughter not wanting to learn from me bugs me because i have so many friends who were able to teach their kids...and i had hoped i could have that with my daughter, too. *sigh* but yeah, now that i "see" someone say that, i can get it, too.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome!!!! I also have a NSH mare....she's is...entertaining to say the least.:lol:
Very pretty horses! :D
Haha...entertaining is putting it lightly. I love my big guy :) besides being entertaining, he is so easy to train and gives me 110% (most of the time).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts