The Horse Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For as long as I can remember horses have been my passion since I first laid eyes on one! Some of my first memories as a 2 or 3 year old, are of horses in our neighborhood,. In school, I played horses on the playground. I collected Breyer horses, read every horse book ever written, and begged my parents for a horse. At around age 10, they paid for me to take English riding lessons. I rode hunter jumpers, loved every minute of it, and still begged for a horse.

I guess my folks realized it was not just a phase, and that a horse might keep their independent and strong willed daughter out of trouble. So at age 13 we found a big Buckskin grade quarter type mare named Tara for $350.00! I boarded her at a nearby Rodeo stock and beef cattle ranch. The owners had only one child, a daughter, my age, and we became the best of friends. She took me everywhere with her family and operation. I was blessed to do Longhorn cattle drives, rodeos, barrel races, brandings, even the Grand National. I hated to sell her when I went to college, but I always held onto a dream that I might someday be able to make a living in the horse world.

Flash forward some 30 years, several careers, (including a failed attempt at selling horse feed and supplements), 3 kids, a wonderful husband and a few horses later, and I’m still as horse crazy as ever.
Well, Dream do come true! In the last 2 years, I have started my own Cowgirl clothing and accessory line (but you don't have to be a cowgirl to like it! )
I have also started roping lessons! I guess it's my mid life crisis!
That's probably enough for now. I'll tell you more about my horses, and trail riding, horse camping adventures at another time. I'm so glad to meet you all!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Welcome!
I'm from nor cal as well!
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 2 of 2 Posts