The Horse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got back into owning horses after a 15 year hiatus. I currently own two. A 7 year old spotted Tennessee Walking mare (currently grade) who is yet broke to ride, but we are making some progress 馃榾. And a 3 year old Tennessee Walking gelding who is broke to ride who we just got yesterday 馃榿

We also have 4 baby goats, 2 kunekune hogs, chickens, 3 guinea pigs, 10 ball pythons, 4 dogs, 1 cat and a sulcata tortoise. We live Near Dayton Ohio, moved here September 2019 to the farm I grew up on that we purchased from my parents. We have been working hard to get it back to it's former glory as it has been fairly neglected the past 10+ years. I also have 3 children and have been married to my husband for 13 years and I am 34 years old.

Attachments

Registered
Beautiful horses! I used to live in Ohio and miss riding walkers. Out here in Oregon where I'm from you dont see too many. I look forward to updates on how yours are doing. Welcome back to the horse world! :)

Registered
Hello and welcome:welcome::welcome:

How fantastic you are carrying the legacy of your parents farm!

I was born in East Geauga County. I retired to southern Middle Tennessee in 2003, but my younger brother now owns the small farm our paternal grandparents bought after they came thru Ellis Island.

I tip my hat to you for your loyalty to your family鈥檚 land:bowwdown::bowwdown:

My first question is WHEN do you sleep:cool::cool:

My second question is - can we also see the baby goats:). I hope they aren鈥檛 meat goats. My neighbor raises meat goats and she shouldn鈥檛 because she gets way to attached to her critters.

She brought a twin calf home from her parents farm last December because the cow refused to nurse this one 鈥 it is still here 鈥 my neighbor claims the calf who is now heifer status is still too small to go back to the farm:rofl::rofl:

Your Walking Horses are beautiful. The gelding looks like he has some Mack K in him, in the first picture but he is really hip high in the pic with the saddle - that is typical of the Generator line. My 26 yr old has Generator in him; if he weren鈥檛 40# overweight he would still be hip high, lollol

I have ridden TWH鈥檚 since 1990. I still have two, ages 25 & 26. When their times come, they will be laid to rest beside their buds, on this farm and at my age they will be my last horses.

I was a die hard trailer rider - going 鈥渨here no man has ever gone before鈥, lollol. Including many rides at Beaver Creek, back when the only fresh water was in a spigot tied to a light pole, lollol

@weeedlady is in the Cincinnati area. Hopefully she has some time to come in and say 鈥渉ay!鈥 to a fellow Buckeye:)

I can see your days are thrice as full as the average but please come in when you can and hopefully with pics of all your critters and some before/afters of the fsrm.

We have a 鈥淛ournal鈥 section. You might want to consider starting a journal:)

Reactions: RegalCharm

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi again I don't sleep much 馃槀 the goats are just pets who will hopefully eventually be milked, our kune kune also are big pets, but hoping to raise their offspring for meat ... I'll attach some random pictures of some of our other critters 馃榿 and I may start a journal of our progress around the farm 馃檪

Attachments

Registered
Hello, fellow SW Ohioan! I live not far from Dayton and spent the second half of my childhood just north of Dayton. It's always fun to "meet" people near me. Your farm friends are all super cute!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts