The Horse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
My name is Sharon and Ive just recently gotten back into horses strictly pleasure, not into shows. I started riding horses when I was 10 years old. I had a buckskin mare that was 8 years old, we were best friends for 19 years before she went over the rainbow bridge. It was another 25 years before I got another horse so I could ride with my grandchildren. I now have another 8 year old quarter horse buckskin mare,( I love Buckskins) her name is Chica. Since it's been so long since Ive ridden I am having to learn all over again. It's not like it was when I was a teen ager, I'm a bit more cautious now,but I'm getting there. I am just hoping this new mare will be my best friend also. Anyway I just wanted to say Hi but i got carried away.
Thanks for listening.
Sharon (Chica)

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Hi there! What part of Oregon are you from? We aren't there now, but my husband was born and raised in Oregon and I lived there myself (in the Willamette Valley) for several years prior to our move east.
Glad you found your way back to the wonderful world of horses - sounds like you and Chica are quite the pair!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
small world

I live in Roseburg, born and bred right here.
thats a cute pony pic you have for your avitar. My grandkids pony is a chestnut and white paint. She is 1/2 welsh and 1/2 quarter horse. Built like a tank. Her name is Harley.
Nice to hear from you.

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
I'm from Oregon, near Portland, too! =D

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
One of my dearest cousins lives in Roseburg...it is a beautiful area.
Thanks for the compliment on my avi --that's our little mini, Holly. She's only been with us since October but has completely stolen our hearts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow small world, I belong to a group on the interenet called Red Bubble, its a photography group and have run into several people from other states who used to live here and found out we actually know the same people. Pretty interesting sometimes.
have a wonderful day.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts