The Horse Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Very excited to be part of the forum and share my own horsey knowledge and learn from others! I was born and raised on a horse farm that boarded and gave lessons. Never liked showing, but I used to be very into competitive trail riding. I'm still an avid trail rider (although no longer competitively) and a lover of gaited horses (particularly Tennessee Walkers). I just started a up a horse blog so I'm using the forum to expand my knowledge and maybe get some topic ideas!

· Registered
13,071 Posts
Hello and welcome!

Which side of PA? We have quite a few members from PA. I lived my first 50 years on the OH/PA border🤠

Yes, we love pictures! I‘ve ridden Tennessee Walkers since 1990 and would love to see your crew🤠

My remaining TWH is coming 29 and has been with me since he was 2-1/2 and I still lived on the OH/PA border. I also have a 27 yr old Dutch Warmblood who is a retired show jumper. He came to my farm for retirement in March, 2022 after my 26 yr old TWH passed.

Hope to hear from you often🤠👍🤠👍

Reactions: LDRHorseDays

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Welcome! If you currently have any horses, we'd love to see pictures! :love:
This one doesn't belong to me, but I've been leasing him for over a year and we are buddies. I love gaited horses and he was my first Icelandic experience!
Water Water resources Plant Working animal Natural landscape

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello and welcome!

Which side of PA? We have quite a few members from PA. I lived my first 50 years on the OH/PA border🤠

Yes, we love pictures! I‘ve ridden Tennessee Walkers since 1990 and would love to see your crew🤠

My remaining TWH is coming 29 and has been with me since he was 2-1/2 and I still lived on the OH/PA border. I also have a 27 yr old Dutch Warmblood who is a retired show jumper. He came to my farm for retirement in March, 2022 after my 26 yr old TWH passed.

Hope to hear from you often🤠👍🤠👍
I'm on the Eastern side of Central PA. I haven't owned a horse since my last. She was my heart horse and she was a TN Walker, so I'm a bit biased towards them. I haven't owned a horse since her (I can't bring myself to replace her), but I lease now
and ride any other horses I'm given the opportunity to.:D

Here is a picture of her (Georgie) and I way back in 2008 on one of our first competitive trail rides together.

So happy to meet a fellow appreciator of TN Walkers!
Horse Helmet Vertebrate English pleasure Working animal

· Registered
13,071 Posts
@thesensibleequestrian I am so sorry for your loss. She was beautiful 😇🥰. She is also my favorite color🥰

I am envious you were able to do CTR with her - that was on my bucket list for many years but it was not meant to be for me.

These are two of my TWH’s, taken in 2009.

Rusty the 16.1H sorrel is still with me - the last of my Crew. He is now coming 29 and has been with me since he was 2-1/2. There’s a thread somewhere that discusses getting on a horse bareback - I am a master at that, and I expect all of my horses to stand stock still, lollol In his glory days, Rusty had it physically to do CTR but not quite enough mentally -
Horse Wheel Tire Working animal Halter

My precious TWH Joker, whom I lost unexpectedly in February, 2022. He was Heritage bred before Heritage had a name. A sweet gentle soul with the patience and kindness of Job😇😇. Joker was coming 27 and was with me 16 years. Joker had it mentally to do CTR but not physically.
Horse Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@walkinthewalk your horses are gorgeous! I'm so sorry about Joker. I really think losing a horse is one of the hardest things. I'm still not over mine and it has been years. :(

Haha! I think as a kid I rode bareback more than I rode with a saddle. Purely out of laziness (I didn't want tack up). But, I attribute my good balance to that laziness! Riding bareback is good for you!

I'm sorry you never got to do CTR's. They were some of the best times of my life, and I really miss it. I don't have a horse for it anymore, but I'm volunteering at some rides this year. The people at CTR's are just amazing. It's such a great atmosphere!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts