The Horse Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I registered a few weeks back and promptly went on vacation (to the beach!) before I had a minute to check in.

Horses have been my passion for as long as I can remember. After nearly 50 years with them in my life, I lost my last horse eight years ago. Yeah, I'm silver-haired and been there, done that. I've retired and my husband and I travel more often than not but I still keep my toe in the water and live vicariously through venues like this forum.

I've had Quarter Horses, Morgans, Appaloosas and my beloved Arabians of the Crabbet persuasion. As a youngster, I was the go-to "problem clinic" for the island I grew up on for kids whose parents had more money than sense. I was an apprentice trainer at Al-Marah once upon a time; but life and family came along and I mostly enjoyed my horses on my own terms. Maybe I'll jump back in if time and energy allows.

Anyway, it's nice to be here and good to know that younger generations are keeping the faith. I'm kind of quiet but will comment on occasion; I have a lot of catching up to do!

:runninghorse2:

·
Super Moderator
14,767 Posts
WELCOME!!:wave::wave:

I too live in the "Sunshine State"...
Central Florida...
:runninghorse2:...

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
Yay, I'm in your neighborhood, sort of. I live east of Gainesville heading towards St. Augustine. A couple of others here live nearby you as well. Anyway, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Seawitch- you are close to me and knightrider. I'm in Alachua. Knightrider is near itchetucknee state park, if you know where that is.

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
Queensland is called the Sunshine State as well

Reactions: loosie

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yay, I'm in your neighborhood, sort of. I live east of Gainesville heading towards St. Augustine. A couple of others here live nearby you as well. Anyway, welcome to the forum.
Seawitch- you are close to me and knightrider. I'm in Alachua. Knightrider is near itchetucknee state park, if you know where that is.

Thanks, LoriF and 4horses; I'm in Alachua too. I've done my share of floating down the Itchetucknee. :smile:

Welcome! I thought you were from Queensland.

Another place I hope to visit someday!

:gallop:

·
Premium Member
23,932 Posts
Since when is Queensland an island? Unless you want to consider all of OZ and 'island'.
Yeah, of course - plurry great island it is! ;-) But since when did OP say they were on an island? I'm guessing your 'Sunshine State' must be an island?

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
@loosie Our Sunshine State over here is Florida. Not sure why as we have a thunderstorm every single afternoon. The OP said that she grew up on an island which was part of the Florida keys. She now lives in the northern part of Florida.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey there! I am new too! I am in the North Tampa area. Lifelong horsewoman as well, though not as decorated haha. Mostly just leasing and casual riding on my end :)
The horse presence here in Florida really surprised me when I moved here. I am initially a PA native and I definitely did not expect the sizable population, especially up in your area.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts