The Horse Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Dakatah, I'm 17 and I'm a novice rider, but I'm about to start working in a lovely little stables called Howletts Hall. I don't know much at the moment but hopefully that will change quickly!

From a young age, I've always dreamed of being a 'horse rider'.
Now that I'm older, I'm able to go forward with this little dream of mine. I stopped being so enthusiastic about horses when I was about 12, when I came to the realisation that I wouldnt be able to take up riding lessons at the price that they are, especially in the London area.
But now, I'm about to begin a 3 month experience course 80 miles from home.
My knowledge on horses is now minimal, as I pushed it out of my mind for 5 years.
Hopefully, I'll pick it all up quickly and be able to prove to my family that I can actually do it.
Now my new dream is to own a few horses of my own, and provide riding lessons to children. I have thoughts of training for show jumping, or possibly cross country but that's a few years away. First I have to learn the basics.

Wish me luck! :-o

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forum Dakatah! This is an amazing place to learn anything and everything. Don't be afraid to ask any questions you might have, regardless of how simple or "silly" they may seem :wink:.

Good luck with your course, I'm sure it will go well for you :D.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Welcome from all our Paints in North Carolina and good luck with your dreams!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts