The Horse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently came across Horse Forum while browsing and joined because I like being active in communities online and I appreciate the more "old school" forums.

I really want to get back into horses, which is why I've been motivated to seek out places online to talk about them (unfortunately I'm in an area that doesn't really have much of a horse industry so places to get a fix are few and far between if you don't have your own horse). I had my own horse for a while but the family had to sell him so I'm currently horse-less. Hopefully, that will change in the future! I took lessons when I was younger and worked for a short time at the same barn we boarded my first horse at. There are other equestrians in the family though. My mom grew up on a Quarter Horse farm and showed primarily in western pleasure and halter. I'm pretty sure I inherited the horse bug from her.

There really isn't much else to say about me and even less that'd be interesting to share.

·
Super Moderator
14,771 Posts
WELCOME to the Forum!!

You'll like it here as there is a nice mix of old and new, respect shown and given to all who offer and contribute their words of wisdom.
A open mind to a different way of doing sure has enlightened me to new ways.
Members here are friendly and share of themselves and their experiences...a nice way to be.
And of course, we will all enable and help you to regain your horse fix and hopefully change your horseless to horse-owner once again.........

Welcome.. :wave:
:runninghorse2:...

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Hi and welcome, I'm sure you will enjoy this site, a lot of good horsemen and women here with lots of experience that they are willing to share.

There's always something interesting going on here on many different subjects and types of riding, horse care.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the warm welcomes! Of course I know that having a horse isn't a requirement to be active in the forum and I'm glad for that. But it's a requirement I've set for myself in the future. If I lived in an area where I could lease or work on someone else's farm or some other deal to get my fix without having to own I would already be doing it. But I don't live in an area where those sorts of things are an option and I can't move either. So the only way to be able to enjoy riding in the area I'm in is to have your own horse or perhaps happen to be close enough to someone who has them. However far away it ends up happening (life can be pretty unpredictable). But there's still so much one can learn even without a horse (perhaps not so much as far as riding skill which really requires muscle memory and all that but definitely some other stuff).

·
Registered
49,450 Posts
I have 'half-leased" horses for over 20 years. I had a somewhat special needs son, so did not have the available income to own horse. It's been a wonderful solution to my horse madness , as I've helped many horse owners cope with expensive board, and been there to catch colics and hold the halter when the farrier comes, and just plain 'LOVE on' a good horse. The system of half leasing is a wonderful path for so-called horseless persons to participate in this lifestyle.

Wishing you the best . . . . .

C

1 - 7 of 7 Posts