The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,486 Posts
Wrong.

The BO currently boards the horse for free. The BO rents the property and the OP stated there are issues with the property owners.

In the long run - The OP needs to suck up and deal. She is only looking at herself and her horse - not her friend and her parents - whom the issue impacts the most. Moving their whole home and family.

The BO asked a question and I am sure was shocked at the tears. I can see how she would see the tears as selfish behavior on the part of the OP.
I hate to say it but I think that's the big issue. The BO was hurt by your reaction, she wants you to be happy and excited for her. Now I know you want to be, and I understand your own "selfish" needs. We all have them. I think the best thing for you to do is to try to find a more local place to board your horse. You may even be able to find a work to board deal.

As for you friend, make sure you tell her you are happy for her. She needs a better situation. I know you understand that and I also know why you are so hurt. An hour and a half is really far. Fourty minutes is far. I really do feel for you.:-(

·
Super Moderator
27,486 Posts
I wasn't calling you a selfish witch. I was saying that I understand your feelings, which include your own "selfish needs" The word selfish isn't always used to describe a bad trait. I just wanted to try to help you to understand your friends feelings as well. I really think she did not see YOUR side of the story when you were upset and crying. All she could think was, "How dare you not be happy for me, I'm getting a new home and a happier situation - what kind of friend are you" and then she probably thought something like "All these years I've given you all of this... and you really just used me, never really cared about ME."

Now your side of the story is more like "I'm really happy for you my friend but at the same time my heart is broken because my horse will be even further from me and there is nothing I can do about it. I feel trapped in a situation I can't get out of".

I was just pointing out that it is a lack of communication that has these feelings on BOTH SIDES going rampid. I don't think that you should jump ship on the forum just becuase people are a little harsh. I know you came here for support and I tried to offer it, so did others, in a "hard love" sort of way.

Just remember, when life throws you lemons. Make lemonaide...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.