The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
12,825 Posts
Yeah, I'm going to agree with mls here.

The OP is only concerned about herself, not the fact that her friend and her family have to move lock, stock and barrel because the landlord is giving them grief.

She's 18 y/o for chrissake, not some 8 y/o who doesn't understand how the world works.

Sorry, but I absolutely see this as her being worried only about herself and her own problems, so I can see why her friend's mother was rather short with her.

She's been given FREE board and feed for almost 5 years, and is now whining that she might have to drive farther down the road to see her horse? I think she should be kissing this woman's feet and thanking her for letting her horse stay with them all these years for nothing, instead of screeching about how 'it's just not fair, and she's being such a meanie poopie head to meeee!'

You're not 'sensitive' OP, you sound completely self serving and unable to see or understand the problems of others.
Totally agree!

Lets add they have obviously been giving you free trucking to your shows, right? You mention that you will not have a way to get to shows if you leave there barn, that is what leads me to say that.
And another thought on that line, giving up stuff is how you make things happen. Give up the shows and use that money towards your horses care.

One thing that makes it all clear is your latest rant about how they have stuff and you do not, how you have to buy at good will, etc.

You are 18. You are plenty old enough to realize that life is not fair. Just because they can afford to does not mean they are wrong and you are right because you can not afford to.

Have you thought about how much your horse has cost them over the years? In money and time? Call around and see what board costs in your area. Call around and see how much trucking costs in your area. You will see how much they have done for you. And from what I read in the original post, they are still willing to do for you. You just do not approve of the place they picked. Which is strange since you later on posted that you only go once per week and you spend the weekends there. So him being further away is only a problem once per week, right?

And for the record, the stuff you have been buying for your horse (weight builder, etc) is stuff that you would still have to buy if you boarded. It is very rare for a boarding barn to pay for supplements of any kind. They also do not pay for vet and farrier care.

This woman has treated you well for years and just once she is snotty to you (though I think she had good reason but lets set that aside and go with it that she is being snotty) and suddenly she is like the devil. Certainly does not make sense to me.

OP, a thought, you may be having a hard time finding a job because of spelling and such errors in your writing. If your applications look anything like your posts you are not making a good first impression.

·
Banned
12,825 Posts
i came to this forum for advice but i guess no one wants to give me any
I gave you advice and you are putting me down for it.

Yes, I make typing errors. Yes, I murder the English language on a frequent basis.

That is why when I am writing a cover letter or filling out an application I make sure I spell everything correctly and use capital letters and such.

You are typing here in all lower case. Not a sign of maturity. Just trying to give you some job hunting help. Advice. Just like you asked for.

Stop being so stubborn that you do not see things for what they are.

·
Banned
12,825 Posts
Phantom, I have a question for you.

Why is the mother (Barn owner) so evil for telling her daughter how she felt about how you were acting but it is OK for you to post about what an horrible person she is on the internet?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.