The Horse Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
This might be a total long shot but I’m desperate. I bought a gelding at a sale in Indiana in April. Saw he has a brand on his left hip. I’ve posted all over and no luck. He’s a 4 year old bay gelding. The last person who owned him lived in Michigan and took him down to the sale. I’ve looked nearly everywhere and my absolute last hope is to send in hair to AQHA and hope he’s registered and they have hair on file. Please help!!

·
Super Moderator
10,086 Posts
You're right about it being a long shot.

A quick search found a downloadable Indiana brand book. Michigan may have similar.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're right about it being a long shot.

A quick search found a downloadable Indiana brand book. Michigan may have similar.
I’ve looked through the Indiana book and found no similar registered brands. To my knowledge Michigan doesn’t have one online, and not sure where to get one. Also I’m pretty sure the guy had bought him from someone else as when I bought him was told he was 6, and when I had his teeth done was told he was about 4.

·
Super Moderator
10,086 Posts
Some brands are not registered, true. In that case the brands are considered "vanity" brands. Have you searched for Diamond M horses in those states?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some brands are not registered, true. In that case the brands are considered "vanity" brands. Have you searched for Diamond M horses in those states?
I have not. I wasn’t sure exactly what the squiggly line was. Haha. I will look into it. Thank you so much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts