The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! So over the past week I had both of my complete tack sets stolen out of my locked tack room. I am having some issues branding what brands my saddles are so I can put the names when listing them as stolen. I got both of them when I was really young and honestly had NEVER thought about identifying them by brand back then and I had hip surgery in 2015 and haven't even really touched my saddles since then. I definitely learned my lesson when it comes to marking down all my equipment's brands and possible serial numbers. I even looked on the receipts and they just say 'english saddle' 'western saddle'....so that doesn't help either lol. ANYWAYS, I thought I might try and reach out here and see if anyone could possibly know anything by looking at these pictures. I can totally answer any up close detail questions I have too if anyone has any that might help them identify them.
I think the western saddle MIGHT be easy to identify?? But the english one might be difficult...I wasn't too sure though! Both are older, I got them around 2008.
Stuff I kinda found/know:
-The English saddle had a 'Made in England' stamp on it on the inside
-The western saddle, when I was researching...I found other ones that are 'Ralide Trees', but I know that's just a tree brand and not a saddle brand--so that was as far as i got there. I wonder if I emailed Ralide--they would know anything?

Anyways---see the pictures below--I really really really appreciate any insight/help anyone can give!!:)

:runninghorse2:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,122 Posts
I don't know about the western but the English....
The rivets at the pommel area if a name saddle will usually have a makers mark or name imprinted on them.
Under the saddle skirt, near the stirrup bar again if a name that is usually the place for a plate to be attached or holes where it use to be....then you know it is a name although unknown.
Lift the saddle flap and do a pencil etching of the billet keeper.
Also where the stirrup leather keeper is on the saddle flap some companies embossed the saddle name and style.
Many companies imprint their name on theses pieces, some even put the model/style here. You might not be able to see it but using a gentle pencil lead sideways on paper may lift the letters for you.

Hope that gives you something to try....
Good luck.
:runninghorse2:....

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I don't know about the western but the English....
The rivets at the pommel area if a name saddle will usually have a makers mark or name imprinted on them.
Under the saddle skirt, near the stirrup bar again if a name that is usually the place for a plate to be attached or holes where it use to be....then you know it is a name although unknown.
Lift the saddle flap and do a pencil etching of the billet keeper.
Also where the stirrup leather keeper is on the saddle flap some companies embossed the saddle name and style.
Many companies imprint their name on theses pieces, some even put the model/style here. You might not be able to see it but using a gentle pencil lead sideways on paper may lift the letters for you.

Hope that gives you something to try....
Good luck.
:runninghorse2:....

Good info for the future, but these saddles have been stolen from the OP, so he/she has no access to makers marks/serial numbers to identify.

·
Registered
49,037 Posts
To me, what's more disturbing is having your tack stolen, TWICE, out of a locked tack room. Have you any idea how that came about? Was the lock broken? or , was someone who had access the likely thief?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.