The Horse Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Banned
For a Christmas theme: Holly. 馃槉

Or better yet, why not let your daughter name her? That would make it extra special. 馃挆
That would be so cute! I'm sure she would love that.

First I just want to say that are is adorable! 馃グ

Now, for names:
Feather
Misty

Sorry I can't come up with more. I really need to get to know the animal cause sometimes they are named by their personality instead of their looks.

*I love that horse in the corner nudging the screen. So cute.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That would be so cute! I'm sure she would love that.

First I just want to say that are is adorable! 馃グ

Now, for names:
Feather
Misty

Sorry I can't come up with more. I really need to get to know the animal cause sometimes they are named by their personality instead of their looks.

*I love that horse in the corner nudging the screen. So cute.
That little colt is Blackberry Smoke he is such a little ham

Registered
What is her name that she already has? That is what she thinks is her name and what she responds to.

Banned
What is her name that she already has? That is what she thinks is her name and what she responds to.
That's not always true. I have a donkey whose name is Tim, but he doesn't come to his name, he comes to my voice.
I could call him anything I want and he would still come, cause he knows my voice.
I have also changed a name for an animal. We bought a dog one time, and we were able to switch his name from Moses, to Pepper. By calling him Moses Pepper for a couple weeks until he got used to that new name.

Some animals come to the owners voice, and others come to their name. I would establish which one the new horse comes to first, before trying to switch it. If it come to the previous owners voice, you will just have to spend a lot of time talking to the horse. If it comes to the name, you will need to slowly transition the horse to his/her new name.

Read Only
Its so hard to name a horse from a picture since you can't know their personality. To go along with the Christmas theme suggestion @kewpalace. Maybe a reindeer theme? Prancer, Comet, or Cupid?

Just let us know what you and your daughter decide on, I bet it'll fit your little pony perfectly!

Registered
I'm going to buck the trend and say Autumn.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts