The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could I please get everyone to sign this petition to amend shipping regulations on Tarantulas via USPS? The reasons WHY are all explained on the petition site, here:
Shipping Tarantulas USPS | Tarantula Shipping |

PLEASE. This will help my hobby immensely if you just sign. Whether or not you know or even like Tarantulas, this will take only a few seconds and your signature will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Wait, I wasn't suppose to do that? :shock: Oops... I hope my spider and the government are ok with my oversight...

Anyway, that's certainly inconvenient. And I noticed it included turtles as well, which is an issue for me as a tortoise breeder. I don't see why such animals can't be shipped; they are completely harmless. I understand animals that are ACTUALLY venomous, but tarantulas, turtles, harmless snakes, etc, pose no threat to anyone unless the workers are poking around my shipping boxes and provoking the animals.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I shipped mine quite a few years ago (roughly ten), so I guess I'm off the hook. :D If they haven't caught me by now, they never will. (Wha ha ha ha!) Next time though, I think I'll drive to get my critters. I don't want to pay obscene amount of money and go to prison.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.