The Horse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My horse has this white chunky stuff coming out of her vagina! Is she just in heat? Or is an infection? I have pictures if u want any. I just want to keep my baby healthy. Shes also not fixed.

·
Registered
591 Posts
If you haven't, call the vet, so that they can give a thorough, in-person examination. Even if you call and ask to speak to the vet would be good, as they can determine whether or not it is something they need to take a closer look at. If it is an infection, you don't want to be waiting around for it to get worse.

That being said, have you checked her temperature? I she straining, uncomfortable or tender in the area?

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
Definitely a situation to call the vet. S/he can culture the discharge and find out what's going on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you haven't, call the vet, so that they can give a thorough, in-person examination. Even if you call and ask to speak to the vet would be good, as they can determine whether or not it is something they need to take a closer look at. If it is an infection, you don't want to be waiting around for it to get worse.

That being said, have you checked her temperature? I she straining, uncomfortable or tender in the area?
She is not tender at all in the area shes also not uncomfortable.

·
Super Moderator
10,045 Posts
When you get a veterinarian out, and I recommend it, learn how to take a horse's temperature if you aren't sure how.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts