Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya:)
I have a reasonable amount of riding skill, i back and break horses and ponies and all that. but my own pony Lady, a 14hh welsh d ex driver, i can't get her working right for me! She has a huge jump in her and currently i'm jumping 1.10m but i need to get my flatwork right before i go higher, and she finds it sososo difficult to canter on the right rein, she falls out on her outside shoulder and then rushes herself and can't get it right:L also she's started taking off at random times and starts bucking like a madman haha i haven't fallen off her but i want to sell her when i'm finished schooling her so i want to get her right! Please help me!! if you have any suggestions please tell me im so confused!:/ <3

·
Registered
17,077 Posts
If pain is ruled out.. then it sounds like she is unbalanced.. she doesn't want to work, and she needs more work on the lunge-line just cantering and working on moving forward and using her back.

But you're sure pain is ruled out?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I have a Standardbred who could hardly trot, canter, circle, jump etc
She can do it all now.
I've just been very consistant.
We did lots of trotting over ground poles first, to get some muscle and balance.
Then went to circles at the trot, to improve flexibility and further improve balance.
Then we went to cavaleties to a jump. Two raised poles to a higher pole. This keeps them from rushing fences and will help you and your horse learn to control the stride length.
with the cantering, we're still working. We just kept going. Lunging helped too.

as for the bucking. I don't have the problem with my horse.
Maybe she could benefit from a lunge before riding?
Could she possibly have an eyesight problem? Just a guess, but I know a horse who bucks because his right eye is off a little.
I hope this helps!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.