The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
My best guess is 08605572

I'm fairly confident about most of it right up until the last two numbers -- especially the last one.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Yep, according to my interpretation of the brand, your mustang is about 6 years old and originally came from Nevada. Does that sound right based on your knowledge?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, i was told 5 years old, but that's the only information i was given about him. I asked her to get his adoption papers for me but she just keeps telling me she will and has yet to do so, she lied to me about a lot of things so i don't know if she can get them or not. but i got him for $50 so, it was a steal. I also have a Mustang mare i bought for $50 that if im reading her brand right she was born in 92 and from Nevada also. I'll see if i can find a picture of her brand, and see what you think.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mare's Brand. I was told she was 13 and a mustang/Arabian cross, until i seen the brand then i told them, that she was a mustang off the range, i pretty much got lied to about her also, but he was just gonna give her to a horse trader, so i told him i'd give him 50 bucks for her to stop her from going to him, is there anyway i can get their adoption papers or not? I would just like to find more information on them if anyway possible.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I'm not 100% sure, but you may be able to ask the BLM for a copy of the original adoption papers

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
You can call or email the Nevada BLM office with the brand numbers. They should be able to tell you things like when the horses were gathered, when they were adopted, and whether they were titled (some adopters fail to attain the title for the horses before they sell them, in which case the US government still technically owns the horse).

I will warn you that the BLM offices can get pretty busy and backed up some of the time, so you might have to call/email a few times before you get all of the answers that you're looking for.

Here is the contact info for the Palomino Valley Wild Horse and Burro facility:
Office (775) 475-2222 Fax (775) 475-2053 Email: [email protected]

((This info was pulled from here: https://www.blm.gov/adoptahorse/onsitegallery.php?horseCategory=56))

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
They won't be able to get you copies of the original adoption papers or their titles if they have them. I tried getting them with the mustang mare I got but they can tell you where they were gathered from how much they were sold for and where the person that originally bought them was from.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
:shock: How do you people read this mysterious language? It all looks like squiggles to me.
Each angle represents a different number, the big U at the beginning marks it as a US brand, the next two which are on top of one another are the year the horse was born so => would be '05, the next 6 angles are the horses registration number. Here's a link that explains all this.
How To Read A Brand

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.