The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I need a saddle for home/shows. I need a synthetic in at least an 18" (or bigger) with the changeable gullet. Which is better? The new generation Wintec 500 OR a Thorowgood? My horse has a straight back so someone told me he would be a good candidate for a Wintec. What do you think? :? Which are better suited for us?

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
What means "straight back"? Can you post some pics?

·
Registered
392 Posts
I agree that you should get the wintec 500............ Theyre really nice and stay in really good shape! theyre also easy to clean, its all duribility... it puts you in a good position too.. like not to foward not too back.. mamke sure its good for your horses " straight back" but thats all i have to say:)( by the way your horse is realllly pretty)

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Out of 2 I'd go with the Wintec. BTW I like Thorowgood more in general, but for your horse it may be too wide (it's a perfect brand for the wide flat-back horses). I tried Wintec and it looked fine on my paint, who has a similar build to your horse.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I get a Wintec, I will most likely get this one because you can get it without CAIR and also because I have one of their westerns and when i post in it, , the equisuede either pulls my pants up or down. Up I can live with, down is simply embarrassing ....Wintec | All Purpose

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.