The Horse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a horse in back in January, and her underside had lots of sores, I've been treating her and most of her belly is healing good, except her nipple area, and she doesn't like me messing with it too much. I'm at a loss, not sure what to do or use???she was on sweetfeed before I got her and is on safe choice now... not sure if the feed has anything to do with it, all opinions welcome, and thank you :)

·
Banned
5,300 Posts
When was she last wormed? Are the sores on her midline, or scattered around her belly?

Is she turned out? 24/7 or half day?

If they're right along her midline, they are likely from gnats or no see ums, and the best thing you can do is cover them with Swat, keep fly spray on her and keep her up during the day.

If they're not just on her midline, posting a pic would really help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
she was wormed 2 months ago, when I first got her, her whole belly had sores I've been putting a sulfer base cream on her and everything has healed except her nipple area, she is out 24/7, I keep fly spray on her, I have not tried swat...

·
Banned
5,300 Posts
I strongly suspect the the problem is insect related. I would try the Swat and see if there's an improvement. If the Swat doesn't help, might be time to have a vet out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts