The Horse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I have a yearling filly that got a pretty nice kick to her chest about two weeks ago. Luckily everyone was barefoot and the skin wasn't broken. She did however develop a good sized hematoma on her chest. My vet isn't concerned at all and says that horses get kicked all the time and as ling as she isn't sore or the hematoma doest affect her movement to just leave her be. However it looks horrible!!! I am planning on turning her into a nice little show animal and start by taking her to several halter shows this spring/summer.and want to cut down as many blemishes as possible. This is her first injury and I was hoping hat someone somewhere has come up with some tips to help speed up her healing and cutting down on any possible scar tissue or calcification that might occur?

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
massage it with your hands for a good 10 min. and then if you really want, do heat and ince therapy.

Glad to see that your so on top of smaller boobos/injurys! good job.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Subbing, is that Sparks' first foal?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes this is Sparks first foal Jubliee :D. And thank you for the kind words! I just cringed when I saw it. I know that it is considered minor but ugh. I will def start massaging it and heat/ice it. She was just getting all shed out and gorgeous and she had to go get boo boo :icon_rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts