The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Tuesday, I noticed that Ricci's right front leg, along the back along her tendon on her cannon bone, was a smidge swollen. Only a little, no heat, and no ouchiness. I still rode, figuring she could walk it off, and she did fine, and the swelling went down a little. The next day it was a little worse, but still no heat or lameness. The next day, yesterday, it was again, just a little bit worse, and again, no tenderness or heat. I massaged it a little bit, running my fingers along her tendon and she seemed to enjoy it, and the swelling went down after I did this for about 5 minutes. I gave her some aspirin. Today, it's exactly the same. A decent amount of swollen, no heat, and it doesn't hurt. I gave her some more aspirin, another massage and cold-hosed it for about 15 minutes. I'm just concerned because Ricci rarely gets swollen. She gets ouchy, but it's usually strain from a too-strenuous ride and stiffness. She has always walked it off just fine.

I do have a vet coming out to do her teeth on Tuesday, and a vet is coming out again on Thursday for some chiro, so if it needs vet attention, it's coming. But in the meantime? What do you think it is? We had a pretty tough ride the day before and the morning of, but not something too out of the ordinary for us. But like I said, she's not a swell-er...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.