The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is my new guy. Will hopefully be moved to the barn hopefully this weekend if we dont get more stormy weather. This boy is pretty cute. He's a 9 yr old, registered _____________(those of you who know...shhhh...).

That's where I want to see what you guys think he is. He's a bit of an odd ball I think. An asbolutely fantastic horse. He's well tempered and easy to work with and the best part, not a baby so off to training he will go into the new year. Going to turn him into a little hunter. He was ridden a couple times last year, but has never had any official training done(so far).

This boy has a cute barn name but it's also what I call a people name which I am never a fan of (I can't get myself to use people names for animals). I will need suggestions of names for him. Everything welcome.

Very excited to get some before and after pictures as he starts a good excercise program. Very excited to get him going.

Let's get those breed guesses going, thanks again for the suggestions.

·
Registered
852 Posts
about how tall is he?

·
Registered
627 Posts
I think he will look even more lovely once you get him in shape! Not sure about the breed...something in me wants to say gaited but that's probably not the case. Or possibly a quarter horse? lol IDK

I like the look of him though!

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
about how tall is he?

Oops, forgot to put that info on there. He finished at 15'1hh, but we will be measuring him when he gets- just to double check.

·
Banned
12,825 Posts
*Scratches head wondering if this is a trick question....hmmm....

If it is a trick question I vote appaloosa.

Whatever he is, he is handsome.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL, it is not a trick question :lol:

·
Registered
852 Posts
i say canadian warmblood

·
Super Moderator
26,532 Posts
I can't see... I'll have to wait till I get home to see it.

·
Registered
777 Posts
In the second picture he reminds me of an Arabian for some reason.. But in the other two, I think Morgan. (He looks a lot like my new guy and he's a Morgan hehe).. He very cute, congrats!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
He's gorgeous :D
Have no idea what breed though. :p

·
Registered
272 Posts
Quarter horse head, Quarter horse hindquarters and quarter horse build.. I say quarter.
Or, maybe Morgan? .. I know he's gorgeous though. I've been looking at his pictures for about a half hour now, lol ..

·
Registered
23,642 Posts
I know what he is!

Disney Names:
- Jasper
- Gaston
- Simba (I love this name - would have used it for Denny, but Denny fit better)
- Zazu

My names:
- Argo
- Gulliver

I'll be back with more!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts