The Horse Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Super Moderator
It was a show saddle with all the steel lacing everywhere.
Original stirrups that match the lacing on the saddle.
Appears to be in very nice condition for a well used and loved saddle.
Not positive of the age but would guess 70's and it was a custom made because of the extensive & elaborate lacing done and how some of it is double laced.
Nice saddle that will give you years of safe use yet.

Value of it is what the market will pay....
I would guess around $500, maybe more maybe less....
Being you have stirrups matching helps the value...
Its a nice find.
Enjoy.
馃惔....

Registered
Its an older western pleasure saddle probably from the late 80s or early 90s. Some gaited horse people mainly those with Foxtrotters, will give a pretty good check for these.

Registered
It was a show saddle with all the steel lacing everywhere.
Original stirrups that match the lacing on the saddle.
Appears to be in very nice condition for a well used and loved saddle.
Not positive of the age but would guess 70's and it was a custom made because of the extensive & elaborate lacing done and how some of it is double laced.
Nice saddle that will give you years of safe use yet.

Value of it is what the market will pay....
I would guess around $500, maybe more maybe less....
Being you have stirrups matching helps the value...
Its a nice find.
Enjoy.
馃惔....
The 70s was more of the buckstitched era. The steel lacing came later I believe. They could call Tex Tan and give them the serial 鈦皀umbers and they could tell exactly what and when it was made.

Registered
Gorgeous saddle! 馃槏

What does the beginning of the serial number on he bottom read (the one with -95370)? That should tell you the month and year of manufacture. Based on design, I would say '70s or '80s. Looks to be an equitation saddle to me, but I'm unsure of the value. You might take a look on eBay and compare similar saddles and what they're being sold/listed for.

Edit: I looked really hard at the number and it looks like it might be prefaced with 579? If so, that would be May 1979.

Registered
The 70s was more of the buckstitched era. The steel lacing came later I believe. They could call Tex Tan and give them the serial 鈦皀umbers and they could tell exactly what and when it was made.
I think it was starting to come in right around the end of the '70s. Buckstitch was also popular in the '60s as well as the '70s. My buckstitch Hereford Tex Tan is from 1967. Both were gorgeous looks, and the ones with both buckstitching and silver lacing make me swoon! 馃槏

1 - 7 of 7 Posts