The Horse Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I needed a place where I could come and find out as much as possible about horses and just to be able to share my thoughts on horses. I am currently starting up a business in which I make practically everything that I can think of out of Paracord. I am making horse tack, and I need some advice on the tack. I can't wait to get started.:love:

·
Banned
2,431 Posts
From Wikipedia:

Parachute cord (also paracord or 550 cord when referring to type-III paracord) is a lightweight nylon kernmantle rope originally used in the suspension lines of parachutes. This cord is useful for many other tasks and is now used as a general purpose utility cord by both military personnel and civilians. This versatile cord was even used by astronauts during the 82nd Space Shuttle mission to repair the Hubble Space Telescope.[1]

The braided sheath has a high number of interwoven strands for its size, giving it a relatively smooth texture. The all-nylon construction makes paracord fairly elastic.

And there would be your problem. Elastic is exactly what you don't want in halters and ropes. I can just see myself leading a Thoroughbred by a bungee chord... :rofl:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts