The Horse Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there everyone! I am a long time horse lover and admirer, but a very beginner rider. I took riding lessons a few year ago, but never got very far because the barn was so far from us and I had trouble getting there. Now I am close to a barn, and starting English riding lessons again this weekend! I am so very, very excited!

I thought it would be a good idea to join this forum in case I had any questions, and just to get to know other horse lovers. :)

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Maddy

·
Registered
158 Posts
Welcome! I am a newbie as well - not a lot of experience, but hungry to learn. My new Clydesdale mare, Delilah and I are taking lessons from a fantastic trainer who comes to our house, and I'm learning a lot - we both are! My mare was rescued and had little training, but she is such a mild-tempered horse that we're a good match. My trainer is amazing, and she usually answers my questions before I even ask - she's helped in so many ways, including recommending having a vet look at my mare's teeth. They were in need of floating, and now she is a happy horse. It feels great to know I'm getting my gal all the care she deserves - good luck with your lessons, I'm sure you'll love it! :) Tracy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome! I am a newbie as well - not a lot of experience, but hungry to learn. My new Clydesdale mare, Delilah and I are taking lessons from a fantastic trainer who comes to our house, and I'm learning a lot - we both are! My mare was rescued and had little training, but she is such a mild-tempered horse that we're a good match. My trainer is amazing, and she usually answers my questions before I even ask - she's helped in so many ways, including recommending having a vet look at my mare's teeth. They were in need of floating, and now she is a happy horse. It feels great to know I'm getting my gal all the care she deserves - good luck with your lessons, I'm sure you'll love it! :) Tracy
Thank you Tracy! I am very excited!

Your horse and trainer sound wonderful! Draft horses are my favorite, Clydesdale are gorgeous!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Welcome to the HF! I hope you like it here!

Reactions: BigDreamer

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Hello and welcome! Congratulations on being able to take lessons again!

Ok ----- does that handsome feathered friend in your avatar belong to you? If so, what is it and does it talk?

Years and years ago, we trail rode with a couple who had a parrot. We pulled in one early one morning to go riding. Soon as we walked tnru the door the parrot hollered " Hellllllennnnn! The coffee! Where the h***'s the coffee!" Obviously mimicking the husband morning quest for coffee, lollol

·
Registered
14,153 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I am so glad you have a barn closer to take lessons. Stick with it, it only gets better and better. And share here, we love to hear about stuff like that, we're nosy, well mostly walkinthewalk is nosy, lol.

Reactions: BigDreamer

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hello fellow newbie! Lol
I took my first lesson last Wednesday and I had so much fun! I'm sure you will too. One lesson, and I'm hooked. So fair warning...😄

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello and welcome! Congratulations on being able to take lessons again!

Ok ----- does that handsome feathered friend in your avatar belong to you? If so, what is it and does it talk?

Years and years ago, we trail rode with a couple who had a parrot. We pulled in one early one morning to go riding. Soon as we walked tnru the door the parrot hollered " Hellllllennnnn! The coffee! Where the h***'s the coffee!" Obviously mimicking the husband morning quest for coffee, lollol
Thank you!

Yes! That is Peatree, she is an 8 year old (9 in June) Pineapple Green Cheek Conure. She does talk, but mostly only says her name. She does mumble a few other things though! I have 7 parrots, and my African Grey is my best talker. He is amazing! I will post some pictures and a little bit about all of my feathered babies over in the other pets section. :)

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Hi Maddy, it's good to see you getting back into horses. I remember when you were so excited to take lessons. Also glad to see you still have your flock. I haven't been on the forum for a while but you know me from PP. 4Birds
Welcome to the horse forums

Remember Poetry, Clover, Lillyputt, Kilo, and the gang of little ones? I only have pics of Kilo, Poetry, and Clover on my newer computer.

Are you still doing your artwork?

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Maddy, it's good to see you getting back into horses. I remember when you were so excited to take lessons. Also glad to see you still have your flock. I haven't been on the forum for a while but you know me from PP. 4Birds
Welcome to the horse forums

Remember Poetry, Clover, Lillyputt, Kilo, and the gang of little ones? I only have pics of Kilo, Poetry, and Clover on my newer computer.

Are you still doing your artwork?
Oh hi Lori! So nice to see you here! I sure do remember you and your pretty birds! How are they doing?

I was so excited when I started lessons back in 2014(?), and so disappointment when I wasn't able to continue them. The barn was an hour away, and I was relying on friends to go with me and drive me there, so it just wasn't practical. I am SO happy that I am close to a barn now. I have only taken 2 lessons so far, but I love every minute I am at the barn! And my instructor is so nice. :)

Yes, I'm still doing art! And I think I keep improving at it, especially my feather paintings!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts