The Horse Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone (idk if anyone is gonna read this)!
im new here (no duh) and i dont really know how this site works, so if you have any tips/tricks, they'd be welcome! in case anyone is wondering, I ride hunter/jumper on a 16hh strawberry roan mixed breed appaloosa 20 yo horse. so ya. thats all i have to say, i hope to learn new things on here!
~PerfEqtionistt

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Welcome! We'd love to see pictures of your horse!

Reactions: perfeqtionistt

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
He's so cute!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the forum!!

Clyde (love the name) is absolutely adorable. I've always have had a very soft spot for roans.
Aww ty! Some people say he's not actually roan cause his head isn't solid tho...? idrk I personally think that he's a roan tho!

·
Super Moderator
13,067 Posts
Handsome! Do you know if he has draft in his background?

He isn't roan as Rn (genetically) from his appearance but there are genes that cause white flecking throughout and don't limit it like the documented roan gene does. Rn has inverted V's at the knees and a solid (where colored) face.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Handsome! Do you know if he has draft in his background?

He isn't roan as Rn (genetically) from his appearance but there are genes that cause white flecking throughout and don't limit it like the documented roan gene does. Rn has inverted V's at the knees and a solid (where colored) face.
Actually I have no clue!

·
Super Moderator
27,069 Posts
I wonder if he's got App in him. He kind of looks like he's snowflaked a little bit. At first I thought maybe a varnish roan but I'm thinking more Appy?

I know you didn't ask what color your horse was so I apologize for running off course.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wonder if he's got App in him. He kind of looks like he's snowflaked a little bit. At first I thought maybe a varnish roan but I'm thinking more Appy?

I know you didn't ask what color your horse was so I apologize for running off course.
Yeah he's a mix-breed Appy but idk the rest.

·
Super Moderator
13,067 Posts
Sabino can cause the ticking and there are unidentified roaning(as opposed to roan) genes as well. Many drafts can have that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts