The Horse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say hi since I joined this foru not too long ago. I have been lurking though. I apologize for my SN lol, I see there are a LOT of "AppyLovers" here, but I am the "615" one :p I just couldn't think of a creative SN at the time and I was eager to join the forum. hehe. But unfortunately can't change it now.

I have been riding on and off since I was 11-14 and then started riding at 14 almost daily for a few years. then I left the barn I was at and hadn't really ridden since except for on occasion when my best friend brings her TB up from her college on breaks. I don't have a horse of my own but one day my dream is to own my own farm (design it) and own some horses and other animals on it.

I have been feeling the excruciating urge (almost obsessive really lol) to ride again, i miss it sooo much! but unfortunately I just moved and do not have a job yet and am in college, so at this time i cannot afford to take lessons. It really makes me want to cry, I have so much energy and no where to channel it in a positive way, lol. So i have been lurking on here, looking through horse magazines, and other horsey websites etc. dreaming about riding again. I actually hope to soon occasionally after I land a job.

I am going to college to study either wildlife biology or zoology and I have a Doberman mix (I am on dog forum- joined a couple days ago) a fish tank (i am on tropical fish forum and betta forum- joined a few months ago) 2 guinea pigs a bearded dragon and a turtle.

I love seeing everyones stories and lives with riding in lessons or with their own horses on here! its a very nice forum and I am learning some new things too :)

~AL615

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Welcome, glad you decided to join up :D There is a pretty good bunch of folks here (and a few stinkers :lol:) hope you enjoy them all.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I appreciate that :) I was really lucky that at my last barn I got to ride the arab/paint in my avatar in turn for barn work everyday rather than pay money. but sometimes that comes with a different kind of price so I stopped going there. In short, a lot of emotional manipulation using the pony. I was not worth a broken heart over a horse (which I ended up having anyways), but I sure don't regret my decision to leave.

~AL615

1 - 6 of 6 Posts