Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
I am new to the forum and have recently started working with leather to make equestrion wear:) I have had horses for years and sadly my horse aramis was put to sleep two years ago at the age of five and since then have not been back in the saddle:cry: Az was an amazing horse and tought me so much. I had him from a yearling and brought him on and backed him. He was three quatres arab and a quatre paint and a little monkey:lol: He lacerated his pastern in the field and was sent to Newmarket were he had a cast put on. When he came home some weeks later he developed pedal bone rotation due to weight bairing on his opposite leg. After months of being in the box and work sadly i had to let him go and it broke my heart:cry: Recently i was introdued to some one who makes armour for re-inactments and he has been teaching me in the art of leather work.

This has given me the opportunity to come back into the horse world that i so miss and i am now working on a line and starting up a business. This is my first v band i have made using English leather and hand cast brass fittings, so i wanted to see what you guys think
xxx IMG_4009.jpg

IMG_4013.jpg

IMG_4031.JPG

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Thats wikked looking!! awesome job! and Im sorry about Az..... Life really sucks sometimes.

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
I am so sorry about your beloved Az, it is so heartbreaking when we loose our darlings - I almost lost mine to colic.

Your browband is absolutely stunning and job well done! I saw your thread on HGS and you got quite nice reviews from forum members there.

·
Registered
303 Posts
OMG YOUR FIRST ONE!!!!
Your an artist... simply stunning!

·
Registered
755 Posts
I LOVE it, very nice!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys:) It is great coming back to the forums and seeing some old faces:) I have so missed it and have had some great replies. Just making another at the moment to show every one. Have even made an appointment with Business link as really want to make a go of this as have had such amazing feedback. Have just got a business plan pack so hope you guys don't mind helping me with some market research? Have even booked my first riding lesson and i cant wait, but a little scared lol :)

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
I think it's a very nice one. You may think about selling those. :)

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Love the cast brasswork ,as well as doing the leatherwork do you also make the brass fittings yourself. and if so could you cast in silver.

I would love do do that sort of work myself but I just don't have the time - I might be asking you to make some fittings during the summer , but again it depends on how much spare time I have.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
wow, that is really good, not what i was expecting :) looks like something you would get in a good saddlers

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
It's beautiful!!! Love it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you guys. I have just sold this one on ebay but have a new one nearly ready:) Sadly can only cast in brass, bronze and pewter. Have had so much interest that i decided to put my item on ebay to see how it went and was chuffed to bits made enough to make another :) Can not wait to show you xx

·
Registered
71 Posts
Beautiful you are a true artist! im so sorry about az i own an arab and there temperments are amazing! i cant imagine losing a horse~:(xxx:)

·
Registered
23,909 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Love it! It's gorgeous! And I'm sorry to hear about your boy :(

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Will post the brass work we have done and are going to use on the next band:) Because it was my first piece i put it on at 99p and it sold for £21.oo I was chuffed with this although it took me two days to sew and my ikle fingers hurt lol. All the money i get from the bands i make is going towards a sewing machine :)
I have also got the same brass work from the picture i have shown you but in bronze, it makes the leather look so warm. Will be sending this item off today and have decided to box the item in gift paper with a ribbon and have desighned a tag with my baby on for a personnel touch. Aramis will live on in all my future work:) I will never ever forget my boy and soooo miss him.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
I'm sure the buyer will be very happy. Good luck with the future work and don't forget to share with us! :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.