The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
Wow, well I don't get that "artistic" w my christmas goodies, but my favorite (i.e., the thing I can make very well) is rum balls. I do not drink (except Kahlua), and I think rum taste horrid so I never even thought about making them until I had one at a friends get together. Mine are yum, secret ingredient: Kahlua. :)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Shortbread with icing and sprinkles and chocolate hay stacks. Yum!:D But I'm the only one in my family with a sweet tooth, so I have to give away a lot of it, or I'd end up eating it all.

·
Registered
14,153 Posts
When my kids were little, we loved making gingerbread houses! Your snowmen are awesome! I don't bake anything like that anymore, I pretty much cut out processed sugar & white flour from my diet, but a treat around Christmas never hurt anyone......
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: Brittney917

·
Registered
332 Posts
I usually make some cookies, but that's nothing special...they're the Classic Cookie frozen dough. Don't get me wrong, they're delicious, but not homemade. The only thing that I make batch after batch of is peanut butter chewies. No one knows what they are where I live now and it just blows their minds! It's so simple though, so it equally blows my mind that people love it so much, lol. I normally also make a cake called Adam's Downfall that is beyond awesome. If in Memphis with my family I'll normally get together with my mom and we'll make different candies, Martha Washington candy mostly.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shortbread with icing and sprinkles and chocolate hay stacks. Yum!:D But I'm the only one in my family with a sweet tooth, so I have to give away a lot of it, or I'd end up eating it all.
I LOVE shortbread! And my boyfriend loves chocolate hay stacks. I give a lot of my baked goods away also but for the opposite reason...I don't have a crazy sweet tooth unless it comes to chocolate with mint!

·
Registered
10,742 Posts
I make fudge. Milk chocolate, peanut butter, butterscotch, and white chocolate.
While it isn't baked, it is cooked the old fashioned way and stirred until you think your arm is going to fall off. People love me on the holidays, especially if I will give them some. :)

efore we went gluten free, I used to bake cookies, pies, cakes, cobblers, and just about any unusual things I could find.
I still bake now, but stick mainly to sweet muffins of all different flavors, sweet potato bread, cinnamon maple bread, home made yeast breads, and gourmet pancakes and waffles.
My son doesn't have a huge sweet tooth so he tends to like the special waffles and muffins better.

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
Wow, Lockwood...all I make is some poopy old rum balls, cookies, pound cake and fudge...and I thought that was doing pretty darn well 'till I read your menu!:cry:

·
Registered
10,742 Posts
Wow, Lockwood...all I make is some poopy old rum balls, cookies, pound cake and fudge...and I thought that was doing pretty darn well 'till I read your menu!:cry:
I said used to bake all those things...
Now it is basically the same gluten free bread in different flavors.
(I just make is sound interesting so you all with think I'm some sort of gluten free guru.) (....as If!)
Sure miss pound cake though (I have to bake dairy free too) and can't make a rum ball worth a doo doo!
Truffles? Pffttt, so bad I couldn't even give them away..

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
So far, I've only made chocolate chip cookies this month. Boring I know, but I was craving chocolate and make a quick batch for the family.

However, in a few weeks I know my family will all get involved to make quite a few batches of kolaches. We make ours with nuts instead of fruit and they are absolutely delicious!

·
Registered
17,293 Posts
Butter tarts, the way my mother made them with lemon juice added. The raw filling has to be tasted to get the proper sweet with a touch of tartness.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Cute!

My favorite thing ever is gluten-free Black Forest cake with dark chocolate glaze. :D I might make one for my coworkers this year.

And of course, the classic chewy chocolate chip cookies. Can't go wrong with those. Such sinful, chocolatey decadence. :wink:

Reactions: Lockwood

·
Registered
11,953 Posts
Those are so cute! I make fudge & layer candy, cookies & a tea ring for Christmas morning breakfast.

Here's what my kiddo made yesterday, she spent the afternoon with grandma :D
morghouse.jpg

·
Registered
15,433 Posts
What are haystacks? Apart from the obvious of course.

I will make shortbread, lots of mince pies, and not much more this year, got to get in shape to compete next year.

·
Registered
49,233 Posts
I make fudge like Lockwood does. you got to time it right. But, it's way yummy.

we also make sugar cookies and gingerbread men and decorate 'em.
With the sugar cookies, we frost them with a thin icing (powdered sugar with lemon juice and vanilla, mostly) and when it dries, we "paint" the cookies with food coloring , very slightly watered down.

IMG_2482.jpg

IMG_2484.jpg

IMG_2483.jpg

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Butter tarts, the way my mother made them with lemon juice added. The raw filling has to be tasted to get the proper sweet with a touch of tartness.
Recipe please please pretty please?

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
The only thing that I make batch after batch of is peanut butter chewies. No one knows what they are where I live now and it just blows their minds! It's so simple though, so it equally blows my mind that people love it so much, lol. I normally also make a cake called Adam's Downfall that is beyond awesome.
Please share your recipes :) for both these. I've never heard of Adam's Downfall..... Does it contain Apples, or is it a different Adam?!

·
Registered
10,742 Posts
Love the chicken cookie Tiny!
And yeah...fudge...OMG good, but tempermental! Especially fresh goat milk fudge.
And I second what SSrosie says.... recipes???

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.