1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the normal "type" view out my living room window:

This is what it's looked like for the past 2 1/2 days:

I am SOOOO ready for spring!

·
Registered
719 Posts
I know how you feel! Im in MN. Its looking mighty white outside the past couple of days here, probably had at least 3 feet of snow on the ground..... then 3 days ago it started to rain, it rained for 2 days down pouring at times (ended up getting over1/2 inch the weather guy said) then last night it started to turn into snow again and has been snowing since like 11pm last night. UGH. MN is the only place where the weather can range from -34degrees the beginning of Jan, to low 40s the middle of Jan, and now rain then snow. JEEZE! I cant wait until spring and summer again

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Where are you at Smrobs?

Ps. There was a 6 ft drift in front of the barn. I pretty much had to climb it, then roll down the other side into the barn. At least Lillie and Lyric are tucked warmly inside. Getting water was a adventure. I get water from the corral drinker and instead of going through the gate, I climbed up the snow drift and stepped over a 5 ft gate and walked down the other side. Bleh!! Definately ready for spring.

We had some "good" weather for the past week and a half. It was in the 30's and even reached mid 40's one day..then bam..a blizzard!

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Waw, well my dear, you would not want to live here. We have that kind of weather 5 months out of the year :lol:

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Waw, well my dear, you would not want to live here. We have that kind of weather 5 months out of the year :lol:
I have no idea how you deal with it. I went from having summer for 10 months and winter for 2 months to having winter for 10 months and summer for 2. (Ok..just kidding...but sometimes I wonder if I'll ever warm up again!) I've been up here for 8 years. I sure do miss azaelas.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I'm sooo glad im not where you are. For the past week I havent needed a jacket. It's awesome. I even layed out to tan a few days ago. :) Yay for Texas gulf coast weather! Oh and my profile pic I took like last week or so.

·
Super Moderator
22,681 Posts
I see. It's actually a bit odd how weather can be so different in different places.

I'm freezing my sweet little butt over here with a lot of snow. Even snow isn't problem, I like it, but this totally freezing (-20C or -4F) climate is.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree with you TaMMa89. Even though I'm a transplant from the south, I don't mind the snow all that much. It's really the frigid temps that get to me. Today with the wind, (which there always seems to be wind here) (the last two days the wind has been steady at 40 mph and today the wind is 20 mph with a windchill of -7 below.) Tomorrow the highs are suppose to be between -20 and

·
Super Moderator
22,681 Posts
Yea. Actually I'm happy with snow since it looks so nice and clean and makes the dark season of an year to seem more lighter. I'd still be more happier if temperature was just a bit under freezing point so snow could stay but it'd still be warm enough to go out without wrapping yourself so great bunch of clothes that it's almost impossible to move under all these clothes.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
It's alot of snow! Sucks eh? It's been like that for three months here already and still got at least two months to go.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
We had a huge snow blizzard yesterday and i had to stand in it waiting for my bus after my riding lessons for over 20mins (bus was 7mins late due to weather)! My hair was completely white and my bag that I carry my helmet in was filled with snow xD

·
Super Moderator
22,681 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.