The Horse Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I will be getting a full unshod set of pictures when farrier comes as I have some questions about her feet. I was hoping @loosie in particular but any one of you veterans (<3) could help out in running an eye over a few pictures until then and letting me know if I am being paranoid lol. I've been told frequently her feet are fine but JUST to be sure...

So I was lying in bed looking at hoof pictures - as you do - and I wasn't happy with the following. I didn't take these with the aim of sharing so little effort in setup/scrubbing... In no particular order and without reference. (Bonus picture of her pulling an expression when I ignore her treat begging attempts!)

What do you seeeeee??? >.< Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,856 Posts
What do I see... Flat(probably quite thin) soles. Flared feet - but the 'bullnosed' look I'm guessing if from farrier rasping off most of flare from top. And bit run forward heels with shoe extending past heel buttresses. Pushed up quarters. Nice wide, flat frogs.

Of course, with only these pics may be way she's standing in first pic on the ground, but that one looks slightly 'broken back' hoof/pastern angle & next looks broken forward

1 - 2 of 2 Posts