The Horse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
Thanks for stopping by!

Right now i am learning Dressage (More like learning how to ride) and I love it My dream is to some day jump and do XC!!! That looks SUPER fun?? dose anyone on this forum do XC?

February 1st Dressage Lesson
Today I pretty much started over in ridding.... yes i did I never thought that moving my stirrups down 2 INCHES WOULD AFFECT ME SO MUCH....... so i worked on the lunge line and Trotting (posting) and at the end we did some steering and i FINALLY tacked up right (I always put the bridle on wrong oopss....)
This is on Sammy

Then i occasionally ride this horse named Danny (My Profile pic) and hes my DREAM horse!! I have not seen him more like pet him in 6 months. :frown_color::frown_color:
but i see him on they way home every day out grazing in the pasture!!

I will post something every Saturday!!!

See you then!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome back

2/8/20
So I got a pretty decent hang of trotting at lessons this weekend and I got to lead Sammy into the barn!! As well with the stuff I normally do- Groom tackup (I did that better this weekend) and ride!

That brings me to my next story-
So my instructor oiled the saddle and all the tack to it was sticky well the inside of my legs were darker after my lesson.... oooops. Then we had to go to the pet store and get crickets for my lizard (bearded dragon) the people didn't see my legs PHEWW but the dogs there did and wouldn't stop sniffing me because I smelled like a horse. (I can see why dogs love the smell!!)

My next lesson is Thursday Because I have training for the swimming Junior Olympics!! yay!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been awhile,

So first comes first Danny-
I have not seen him in a year (today) I have to be honest it up sets me. But! after COVID i will contact the owner (might be a few years tho) and see if i can come out and ride in the NEW ARENA, they got a arena and im excited! we always rode in a pasture before with him. But my family is telling me that i shouldn't have high hopes for seeing him again witch makes me really depressed.

Soo Dressage Lessons -
I had to stop in February because of Sports then i was gonna be going back march but COVID hit, then in June the barn opened and i started cantering!! She said i was a natural and i got the feel of it right away, we were working on the lunge line then on 20 meter circles and about the 5th circle i would have to regroup,

Then we took about a month worth of vacation between June and July, so i didn't get lessons i think i had 3 maybe 4 this whole summer, then i was supposed to get back into it but the day before Sammy took a stumble and was out of a month, but then school started so ive been off for another 4 weeks, im HOPEFULLY starting in OCT, *knowing my luck i'm not*.

Lessons over the summer - So like i said I have only done 4 lessons and in those 4 lessons i've cantered them all! and i'm off the lunge line and warming up by my self! (these may seem like little things but they are HUGE to me)

By the end of this year i want to master some of the basic dressage movement and patterns,

I have a baby sitting job and lawn moving about every 2 weeks so im scarping in $60 every 2 weeks at a minimum! (All this money is gonna go towards a lease horse someday)

Again its been awhile XD im sorry!!

Have a good day!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the news today that i have a lesson on friday!!!! i'm so excited!! I've had almost 2 months off.... yikes hopefully i start where i ended! ill keep you up dated!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Emotional lesson

So... my lesson got canceled last week due to a storm

So my lesson was moved to today so in toatal 3 months off :|

when i got there Sammy was a POLAR bear he was SO fluffy :love::love: so i ended up doing the girth wrong its apparently only 8 on one side 7 on the other, not 8 and 8 :|:-|

then he was being a sassy boy and no wanking to walk-march as my trainer calls it and so she made me ride with a dressage crop... that was interesting, i have never riddin with a crop before and when she gave me the crop at a halt Sammy saw it and after she positioned it he said "I AM SPEED" and went from a halt to trot my trainer just laughed

then she was asking about what the inside and outside rein and while i was doing 20-meter circles and i couldn't remember ever after she told me so i started crying :frown_color:

so she let me stop trotting and halted me so we talked it over and then my lesson was done,

I should have another this upcoming week :cowboy:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts