Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone...
Okay, I'm having a bit of a hard time finding what I'm looking for. I know there are a lot of barns here that aren't very publicly advertised, so I'm hoping some of you know some of those great word of mouth/buried Facebook type of barns:)

I have a 16.3-17.1hh, gelding who I am beginning to bring back into eventing. I'm looking for a barn with good trainers BUT a laid back atmosphere. So... I'm looking for a show barn without the negative elitist attitude that can sometimes come along with that.

My main wishes are that it be less than 45 minutes from Seattle, and that regular boarding is under $1000.00. I live near Shoreline and my current barn is an hour away. I want to be able to see my horse nearly every day, so that is just not practical at all.

I've looked at a lot of barns lately and I'm just worn out of getting my hopes up and finding a fatal flaw with everything that seems promising.

*Also, I'm not necessarily needing to move yet, but I'm expecting to after the new year.

Thanks for anyone who can help and/or offer input.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I know Polestar Farm (google it, they have a site!) up in Lake Stevens is eventing based. Haven't been, but I've considered trailering out at some point in the future. Stall board is $725, they have a cross country course on site, they do weekly group cross country (which sounds fun), have an international eventing trainer, and it's probably about 35 minutes or so away from you. Maybe worth checking out? Seems like it could be a good fit.

There's also a lot of barns near the Bothell/Woodinville area. If you're not part of a bunch of Facebook groups already, you should join a few!

·
Registered
48,775 Posts
yes. do facebook. there are several horse focussed facebook groups for the Seattle area.

I live in Bellevue, and my lease is in Bellevue, but, it is not the place for you; no covered arena, only a few stalls, mostly pasture boardig, in a herd. I LOVE IT!!!! but, I can ask around. there's a big place up in Arlington, with the name having the word 'moon' in it. but, most barns are in Woodinville/Redmond area. don't know which are eventing focussed.

best of luck. if you want to ride at Bridle Trails State Park, I can meet you there and ride. I know it like the back of my hand.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Subbing, as an eventer looking for somewhere to stay near you. Can say from experience to stay away from Woodinview Stables/Pony Paradise with Janie, and from Charlottewood with Lori. Would encourage you to look into Mone Farms with Danielle as the standard of care there is incredible. No turnout, but a covered arena and very affordable full care. They go to lots of shows through 4H, Donida Farms, etc, so a good place if you like to event. May be too far, but just off the freeway, and not in the middle of nowhere, yet not incredibly busy. I can also say 'Sundance Equestrian Art - Horse training and Instruction' found on FB is a wonderful place. May be too far again... but great turnout and run by an awesome gal named Carolyn. I used to ride with her as a young thing, and she really cares more about the horses than anything else in life. Also amazing standard of care, and a covered arena, but not eventing based.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Also if anyone wants to swing into Bothell to grab my guy to go ride at Bridle trails, I'd give the world to take him off property!! :) :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.