The Horse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My horse is getting adjusted on Wednesday of this week. I've never had a horse seen one before so I was wondering about riding afterwards. I've only heard that you should not ride the day off or the day after in order to give their body a chance to adjust and recover. But just wanted to make sure so I can plan my riding for the week.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
IMO, give them that day and the next day off, as muscles can be sore from the adjustment (if it's a much needed adjustment)

The chiro should tell you how long you should wait to ride, but it usually depends on the horse and what adjustment they need. We usually just take it easy the next day.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
My horse and i took a severe fall last saturday. We had a chiropractor out Wednesday morning. He (horse) was out in his shoulder and hip, and had some severe swelling in his neck and shoulder (which is visible to the naked eye)

he said could ride him the following day if I wanted. I did NOT want to. He is still sore a week later, swelling is down...but not gone. I'm personally not going to put him through that. I was sore for 5 Days, he certainly was too!

Ultimately you chiropractor will tell you when you can ride. But a day or two rest is common.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: Ninamebo
1 - 4 of 4 Posts