The Horse Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>My horse cam up lame several months ago when we concluded she had a deep stone bruise from pawing. Well that took a while to recover,meanwhile she was on stall rest. When the stone bruise was gone she was still lame. First visit from the vet he said lets put 3 degree bar wedge pads. That improved her but not by much. Next visit he says her. And of course she looks the best she's ever been. Vet says its just stiffness. Started working her she did great for almost a week but then lame again. Next visit by the vet he says I pretty sure it's in the shoulder but I'm going to nerve block her hoof first. I get on and ride her she's worse. So he decides to do shockwave therapy.he said it will work I was having surgery done so I had a friend ride her as instructed by my vet while I was gone friend said she was sound all week I come home and she lame again im getting really frustrated now. Good newsis vet says she's not in pain p>
<p><font size="1"><i>Posted via Mobile Device</i></font></p>

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
Sounds like you need a new vet.

Did he nerve block only the foot, or did he work his way up the leg? Often when the offending part of the foot/leg gets nerve blocked on one side, but the horse gets worse on the opposite legs, it's in both legs; not just one. Is that what happened?

Did he do an x-ray?

And the vet is telling you a big fat LIE if he tells you your horse is not in pain. Why does a horse limp? Because something is painful and they are trying to compensate for it.

Also, who put on the wedge shoe on your horse? If it was your "regular" farrier not used to complicated lameness cases, it may have not been done right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he just nerve blocked her hoof. By flexion tests and feeling her leg decided it's nothing lower leg. And she was lame on just the one leg
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 3 of 3 Posts