The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure we all encounter some pretty remarkable "horse logic" in our lives that make us surprised, confused, or just plain flabbergasted.
But, more than anything leave us like this:

We also need a place to share these moments cause they are, quite frankly, hilarious. So I made one :)

Here I have to start it off with some Squiggy logic:
She seems to think that when she sneaks a big mouthful of alfalfa as I'm leading her from my arena to the barn, if she puts on a genuinely sad face, I wont take the stolen alfalfa away from her. Aaaaand it tends to work pretty well.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Horse logic: let's just eat this delicious, giant mouthful of hay and then get a drink IMEDIATLY after filling my mouth, cause mom loves fishing hay out of the trough.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I know I know this is off topic. BUT my cat fits perfectly into this logic category.

She thinks if I say no to her coming on to my lap or chest, if she doesn't look at me and moves SUPER slowly that I won't see her because she can't see me. It usually works but I laugh and think how pathetic.
All my cats do this to me. It's cute but frustrating at the same time because I'm normally in the middle of trying to do a test or homework.

·
Registered
492 Posts
horse logic: My mom can drape across me while I go about my day, throw polo cross balls at my face, and give me love, BUT OMG SHE WILL KILL ME WITH THAT WATER HOSE.

·
Registered
246 Posts
My horses logic is that if they get all dirty and roll in the biggest manure or mud pile the day/night before a show they wont have to go... or at least that's what I think goes on in there little minds.

I know I know this is off topic. BUT my cat fits perfectly into this logic category.

She thinks if I say no to her coming on to my lap or chest, if she doesn't look at me and moves SUPER slowly that I won't see her because she can't see me. It usually works but I laugh and think how pathetic.
LOL that made me think of what my dog does to me all the time

Attachments

·
Registered
473 Posts
Horse logic: if I'm extremely jealous and mean to every other creature that wants to be around my mom, she will love me best!!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Horse logic: If I walk real slow.... and nonchalantly walk past her then she won't be able to find me in the field.... if and when that plan fails, if I pin my ears and snarl she won't want to bring me up.

·
Registered
516 Posts
My horses logic: If I play lame after walking with her to the arena, I won't have to do work.

:She will never catch me muahahaha (canters away) Is she with another horse?!?! Time to attack that beast and then get cuddles.

When out on a ride.: If I just nonchalantly swap sides that nice looking tree and bites the branches off quickly, she'll never notice. :D

·
Registered
7,788 Posts
Red's Horse Logic: I am super left-handed so if I pick up my left lead, even though she asked me for her right, she might let me get away with it ......... dang it, she caught me. I guess I'll switch to the correct right lead on my own before she asks me for it again!!!

·
Registered
17,077 Posts
Being fearless when it comes to being mounted bareback and inadvertedly nudged by flailing limbs but spooking up a storm at a cute little squirrel that is no where nearby..

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Owner logic:
I really hate when it when Ahab paws (hoofs) at mealtimes, but I like his company while I mix his food, and I don't want to punish him. I know; every time he paws, I will stop what I am doing, and have him walk backward for three or four steps. Not only will that delay his meal, but he will have to actually move, and he won't be able to keep his eye on his food bucket, ALL of which he will dislike. That will stop the pawing in no time.

Horse logic:
I have no idea why she wants me to back up before I paw, but whatever. If I back up and paw before she walks over here, maybe she will stay over there and hurry up with my dinner.

·
Registered
15,433 Posts
Not horse logic but Gibbs logic...

The last exercise of a 2 day ground work clinic, standing in a fixed spot and driving the horse through a space between 2 barrels, gradually the barrels where move closer together and eventually the gap was closed up.

The horses had various reactions, refusing, running backwards, trying to step over, launching into a jump, not Gibbs, Gibbs logic looked at the problem, put his nose on the barrel and nudged it out of the way, until he had this

Then he walked through the gap, and just to prove it wasn't a fluke he did it on the way back as well:lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.