The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I resolve that in 2019 I will try at least one trail I have never been on, per week, weather permitting.
I also resolve that I will train for and at least start at least one LD ride.
I resolve that I will get farther, I don't know how much farther, on my dream of a riding arena at my house.
And, last one, Brooke and I will figure out how to do a collected canter.

Anybody else?

·
Super Moderator
11,939 Posts
My on going resolution is to lighten my load so that I can have all four footed creatures on one contiguous piece of property and not spread to h*ll and back. After that it is to spend more time in the saddle instead of cleaning the saddle as well as to spend more time behind the lines. To stop saying sure I'll help with that.

·
Banned
2,431 Posts
It's not a resolution, because my horse isn't lacking in anything... :Angel: just some plans.

We'll do some tune-up lessons in spring, some ground work and some cross country.

I'm starting riding lessons at a nearby Arabian breeding farm. I've asked to take lessons on green horses - they got them. I found out I love showing a horse how to do something he'd never done before, I'm just too green myself to do it without supervision.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Always hopeful with a new year on the horizon. Now that my parents are settled in the retirement facility (barring any health issues that will most likely crop up) I hope to ride 3 x's a week. I feel that is doable as I have only two horses.

Also want to ride 1 - 2 x's a month with the trail riding club I belong to.

Looking to just be with and enjoy my antiques (Walka will be 21, Misty 18 this spring) and rediscover the joys of riding the wonderful trails just outside the barn door.:cowboy:

·
Registered
6,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went out yesterday and groomed the horses from forelock to fetlock in the freezing cold barn. I had just forgotten how peaceful it is to just groom without any get-out-the-gate feeling, taking your time, enjoying the horses' cold fur. The little things.

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
I also resolve that I will train for and at least start at least one LD ride.

Anybody else?
This is mine, and I hope we’ll be able to do a ride together!

It also means I have to resolve that I will not contribute to Fizz’s trailer loading issues with my own nerves...

·
Registered
6,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is mine, and I hope we’ll be able to do a ride together!

It also means I have to resolve that I will not contribute to Fizz’s trailer loading issues with my own nerves...
I'm not going unless you go with me!

·
Registered
371 Posts
I would like to ride each horse at least twice a week.

Trail ride twice a month until it gets unbearably hot.

Work on softness, lightness, timing and feel in the saddle.

Attend at least four clinics -- the first will be Cowboy Dressage in February.

Explore some new things -- I'm interested in Cowboy/Western Dressage, Competitive Trail, Working Equitation and Ranch Versatility.

Maybe get to a few gymkhanas or sortings.

Mostly, enjoy my horses and be mindful of how much happiness they bring to my life.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
I dont have any resolutions so to speak, but really looking forward to enjoying my horse this year! The past few years running the boarding farm, Ive put my horse on the back burner and literally had to schedule when I was riding a month in advance, so Im really looking forward to riding whenever I can. Also have a lot of work cut out for me with the start of getting my daughter's colt into a future children's pony lol.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I want to continue to get my horse area fixed up and perfectly working
I want to get Candie started under saddle.
I think those are two good things to focus on this year!

·
Registered
17,238 Posts
I am hoping to go on more trails in 2019. Now that I have my own trailer, I can go whenever but the weather has been crappy lately, so the footing hasn't been so good.

Continue the consistency as well. I try to work Promise at least 5-6 days a week.

I am also going to take more lessons. There's a really good trainer I am going to in March, that I will be going to once every few months (she is only in the area 1x a month but she's expensive lol). She focuses on balance, and the bio-mechanics of the horse. More scientific. She's really good.

So that'll give us more stuff to work on. She is great with OTTB's especially ones that have had injuries. So I'm excited.

I'll also be taking lessons with my current trainer once a month.

·
Registered
172 Posts
#1 - an injury free year for horse(s) and myself.

Continue Fancy's training towards being a 100 mile endurance horse.

Turn a project horse into a nice trail horse.

Build a new hay shed.

Save money up for a new trailer.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
My horsey goal this year it to get automatic waterers in my horse runs and in our cow pasture. This will not only save me time and money in the winter but it will save me from having to worry about water if I am gone for more than a day or so.

My riding goal is to ride more. 2018 was a horrible year for riding and I hope to make at least 400 miles riding in 2019. With my DH in college a lot of that riding will be done solo.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
My only goal this year is to find another outlet for my horse habit, since I cut ties with my toxic situation. The facility that was close to me, which I had intended to start going to, just moved further away than I can feasible go. So.. I'm back to square one.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
This past year seemed to zip by and I really didn't get to do too much with the horses.

My resolution for 2019, which I've been seeing is a very common one, is to ride more! The girls have been sitting for probably a little over a year now so they are both going to need to take quite a few refreshment courses and I'm going to need to get back into riding shape.

I'd also LOVE to do some trails this year and count my miles.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'd like to ride my paso more while he's still ridable--he'll be 26 in May. Also looking forward to more time with my new mountain horse--on the ground and in the saddle. :)

Reactions: Knave
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.