The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love listening to podcasts because I can listen to them while doing other things. Whether I'm messing around on the internet (or on some forums :wink:), doing stuff around the house, pulling up weeds in the yard, traveling, etc. They can be a great way to help unpleasant work be less unpleasant and it's nice to potentially learn something while not having to stop and take the time to focus solely on whatever information you're absorbing.

So I'm wondering if anyone around here listens to any horse related podcasts and which ones they'd recommend?

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
My friend has one called "Whoa Podcast". General Horemanship and training - he interviews a lot of people, including some big names. He does a good job.

A new one that is specialized is "Cowhorse Full Contact". You may not be too interested as it is geared towards the cowhorse community. ;-) I know a lot of the people on there and ride cowhorse, so it's a hoot for me.

I know some people listen to "The Cutting Edge" - geared towards cutters but provides alot of good info re: showing according to them, "Along for the Ride with Andrea Fappani", & "She Rides to Win". I have not yet listened to any of those, but am making a trek to Texas so will stock up and listen to these on my way. :)

·
Registered
7,344 Posts
"Finding the feel" is one I listen to. It is more cowhorse/cutting trainer interviews than anything.

"Along for the Ride" with Andrea Fappani.

"Cowhorse Full Contact" just came out, the one kewpalace mentioned, so I need to caught up on that one. I'm excited to listen. I'll have to try the cutting one too but I think I'll have to download a different app. I just have Stitcher which I don't think those are on.

Theres another one I listen to, can't remember the trainer, he gets technical about maneuvers for reining and ranch riding. I have to pay attention otherwise I get lost. But good info.

Reactions: waresbear

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I use Castbox for podcasts. Though I wouldn't mind having to get a different app if it doesn't have the podcasts I want to listen to on it.

I might check out the Stacy Westfall one first if she has a nice voice. I can actually be pretty particular about who I listen to if I find their voice annoying or they just aren't engaging to listen to. Some people just have those voices that you listen to and then...after it's all over you realize you have no idea what they said.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.