The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe this will be simpler than starting a new thread everytime I want to discuss something about racing. 馃檪

Maximum Security races today, first start since the Derby. Gonna be interesting to see.

Also, Omaha Beach is back in California, and getting prepped to race again. Very likely he will be going up against MS. That will be even more interesting.
@aubie are you watching races today?

Registered
Yes I'm watching. Won a tournament at Belmont that just closed. Got one mixed Monmouth and Belmont about to open with MS as my first pick. Appears he is up against a cream puff field.

And a Emerald Downs about to go off. Won a couple there last night. What was interesting is in between races they had Indian relay races. They rode bareback which I assume is keeping with tradition. I had never seen them before.

Registered
Unbelievable. And the tournament I was in is a lockdown so he probably cost me that right from the get go.

Registered
Yup I'm in to big of a whole on the mixed one. Maybe can get second and get my entry fee back. But it's ok , it's a small one and I'm up for the day.

Registered
Just watched another Indian race. As far as I can tell the only rule is both feet have to touch the ground when swapping horses.

They run half the track and swap, kinda looks like pit row.

Emerald Downs in in Washington state. Most seem to be Crow

Pretty interesting.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds interesting. Have to check that out.

As to Maximum Security - the trainer didn't seem too eager to be running him in the race. Went so far as to do blood work on him ( which came back ok). Maybe Servis was right, and he is off.

Looking forward to following Omaha Beach recovery and race training...

Registered
Mott says Country House done for the year.

We're just going to give him a little extra time,鈥 said Mott, adding that the owners intend to race Country House as a 4-year-old. 鈥淲e brought him back, and he was happy. When we began seriously training, he wasn't as eager to begin his work. I think we just need to give him a rest.鈥

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
I'm really hoping next year's crop of 3 yo colts is more interesting. Maybe one or two standouts. Missed some of the races I wanted to watch tonight due to work. Oh well

Registered
I certainly hope for better quality that's for sure.

In some ways racing deserved this. Maybe we will be more appreciative of a special horse or horses. I seriously doubt we will see another like last year.

Registered
I'm really hoping next year's crop of 3 yo colts is more interesting. Maybe one or two standouts. Missed some of the races I wanted to watch tonight due to work. Oh well
You can start looking into horses that are training in their 2nd year. They will be running 2 or 3 F at this point as a 2yo. Check equibase for specific trainers horses, and for horses from tracks known to prepare winners.

They will step up and add 1f to their breeze each month or month and a half, and the derby is 10f, so you have some time to see what's coming!

Here's just some foals with famous sires
http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=Horse&refno=10304860&registry=T&rbt=TB
http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=Horse&refno=10314424&registry=T&rbt=TB
http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=Horse&refno=10271251&registry=T&rbt=TB

Registered
I am interested in the American Pharoah offspring.

Also really looking forward to seeing Arrogates and one day Justify's. Hope he passes on Scat Daddy.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts